Business Analyst (Data Lineage)
The Global Markets & IHC CDO Team is a challenging and fast paced department which is responsible for overall delivery of critical regulatory data programs throughout the investment bank. As this business analyst role is an integral part of our success for IHC, the candidate will be supporting key projects to ensure overall delivery is achieved per original plans established.
The team will be responsible for the management and delivery of GM/IHC data programs.
As a company, Credit Suisse are committed to foster a culture where people matter, based on the core values of:
- Ownership and entrepreneurship
- Diversity, dignity and respect; and
The candidate will be an Assistant Vice President (AVP) as a Business/Data Analyst in the Global Markets & IHC CDO Data Quality & Control team in Raleigh, supporting the IHC/CUSO Data Strategy and RDAR/BCBS regulatory programs specifically in completing business/data lineage, business objects and glossary work for identified data attributes (CDE's) in MS Excel templates which will be uploaded to the Enterprise Wide tool Collibra Responsibilities include:
- Work directly with downstream project managers and SME's (IT and Business) from GM, Finance, Liquidity, Risk and Compliance to provide mentorship to our excel based lineage template for both CDE traceability and full lineage so that they can complete back to front lineage details to allow for Collibra data uploads
- Completing business lineage (data lineage) for an assortment of regulatory reports/processes with various consumers being Finance, Liquidity, Risk and Compliance that will conduct data element/CDE traceability back to data source that essentially validates where data comes from
- Supporting business glossary (data elements) for the above mentioned regulatory reports by registering in the enterprise wide tool Collibra that distinguishes key data concepts such as Data Element, Definition, Data Owner, Data Steward, Approved Source etc.
- Build GM business objects for developing all level 3's for a given product set
- To work with relevant divisional CDO's (Finance, Risk, Liquidity/Compliance) to present front to back lineage completed and stitched front to back in template form for approval
- To work directly with senior front office business leads to determine CDE definition and ownership
- Collaborate with Group IT (EDT) to ensure lineage, business objects and glossary are uploaded and recorded in Collibra in an accurate and organized fashion
- Communicate with all SME's (Subject Matter Experts) in both business and technology in all front to back teams in Global Markets, Ref Data, Operations, Risk & Finance & Compliance to support data lineage efforts
- Ability to work with the Enterprise Data Tooling team (EDT) to ensure successful data lineage uploads
- Ability to multi-task numerous projects and/or requirements concurrently
- Ability to communicate effectively and drive project (lineage) meetings when necessary
- Ability to produce both high level and detailed workflow diagrams and Power-Point presentations when required and drive overall business analysis with interested parties
- Ability to build & comprehend pivot tables/formulas in MS Excel for various data analysis requests
- Ability to forge solid rapports with all key Global Markets & IHC CDO teams as well as support areas in Risk, Finance, Compliance and Operations
- Work under strenuous schedules when necessary (e.g. greater than 8 hrs)
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines largely determined by GM & IHC CDO management
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a business/data analyst capacity in supporting a front to back project environment in regards to support of the data management lifecycle (data lineage preferred)
- Minimum 2 years' experience in banking/financial institution industry
- Good understanding of investment banking/derivative products and the trade lifecycle
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills - lead/drive meetings when required
- Strong literacy in Microsoft Excel including crafting pivot tables, MS Visio and MS Power-Point is a plus!
- Good time management and interpersonal skills and proven ability in meeting deadlines and working in a pressurized project team facing high pressure and result oriented team environment
- Data Tools experience (Collibra, Tableau, Informatica) is a plus!