Senior Public Cloud Engineer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We're currently seeking a Public Cloud Implementation Engineer that has experience with Azure or AWS services (such as Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Scale Sets, Virtual Network, Gateways, Traffic Manager, etc.).
This role will help the team select technologies, implement the architecture, and stand-up the various environments. The support and management of all these applications will be owned by this role from the perspective of patching, scalability, configuring, and expansion with new services as they become available. Broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the Azure/AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Azure and AWS platforms. You Offer
Additionally the ideal applicant will participate in technical design and mentor the junior team members. This role has the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture:
- Equivalent work experience of 3 years in Azure or AWS Cloud Architecture and Design
- Outstanding understanding on Cloud VM and Server technologies, including management of services!
- Build automated processes using well-known languages and frameworks such as PowerShell, CLI, python, YML, JSON, Puppet, Jenkins pipe-line, Terraform
- Outstanding understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements!
- Experience in capacity monitoring and trend analysis
- Expertise in Linux or Windows operating systems
- Expertise in CI/CD automation using Jenkins pipeline
- Familiarity with the interworking of Web applications and relational databases
- Experience with setup of Disaster Recovery and High Availability
- Ability to do proof-of-concepts for server, storage, network, and security technologies to support the cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrate experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale IT system or Software projects.
- Strong communications (verbal and written) skills and the ability to work efficiently across internal and external organizations
- AWS or Azure certifications are preferred, but not required
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.