Senior Software Engineer
If you love working with data, whether it is data ingestion, validation, visualization or working with business rules, this is a great job for you. If you like the idea of creating world-class, mission critical back-end services to power financial technology solutions at the core of global markets, this is a great job for you. If you code with high quality, robust security, high performance, and enjoy collaborating, this is a great job for you.
What you'll work on:
- You will be the senior engineer on a scrum team that is responsible for designing and delivering services based on Ipreo's core content
- These services are critical to both internal Ipreo developers across the company and external clients
- You will build high-performing, scalable and resilient services that are logically consistent and easy to consume
- You will own these services from development through production
- You'll use modern development techniques, including continuous integration, automated testing, and continuous deployment
- You will be responsible for ensuring services are available and responsive
- You will use great tools, like SOLR, Selenium, Cucumber, Powershell, GitHub, JIRA, TeamCity, Swagger, Splunk and Slack.
- You will provide technical guidance and oversight to your team
- You will be a quality champion
- You will review pull requests with both an attention to detail and an eye on the big picture.
- You'll create and publish helpful, easy-to-understand, thorough technical documentation, including example code. Developers will be able to consume your services with minimal friction.
- You'll be working in an agile environment
What we look for:
- Excellent collaboration skills, and a desire to share. Be comfortable giving demos. Enjoy working directly with testers and product owners
- Someone who loves great clean code. You have a favorite book that has influenced your code and approach.
- Someone who enjoys and is passionate about mentoring. Promoting engineering excellence, both on your team and across larger development organization, is second-nature.
- Someone who wants to grow and enjoys learning
- A guru in C#, Python, Java, or a similar modern language. Experience with Angular (Typescript) would be a plus.
- SQL / relational database expertise is required.
- You believe in the value of writing highly testable code. 100% unit test coverage is your nirvana.
- AWS cloud experience is a plus, including EC2, Load Balancers, S3, and Route 53
- You believe in infrastructure-as-code
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus
- Educational background in computer science, and experience coding and supporting actual production systems
- Strong problem solving skills. You know how to unblock and get things done.
- SQL Performance tuning experience is a plus
- Financial services / fin-tech experience is a plus
- Data security background is a plus
- Networking, including firewalls, proxy servers, security groups, virtual private clouds, subnets, and VPN gateways
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related
- Experience with microservices and lambda is a plus
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.