Software Test Engineer
What's in it for you :
The Ipreo by IHS Markit Quality Assurance team is looking for software test engineers with strong business analysis and formal logic skills to join our team in Raleigh, NC. Ipreo is a leading global provider of financial services technology, data and analytics. We support all participants in the capital-raising process including banks, public and private companies, institutional and individual investors, as well as research, asset management and wealth management firms.
As part of the QA team, software test engineers at Ipreo have the opportunity to work as a key contributor on an Agile development team, working to perpetually drive code into a cutting edge CI environment for releases of code to production. Core responsibilities of the position include requirements analysis; the design, implementation and execution of manual and automated tests; defect verification and validation; regression and exploratory testing.
What you'll work on :
- Conduct ambiguity reviews of stated feature requirements.
- Develop core test logic to support feature development.
- Build and support team developed test plans during each sprint.
- Verify customer defects, clarifying root cause scenarios for developer consumption.
- Validate defect fixes, ensuring application functionality and stability for production releases.
- Support releases through regression testing and exploratory testing.
What we look for:
- 2 - 3 years experience in Test / Software Quality Assurance or a related field.
- Proven experience translating software requirements/stories into accurate and complete test scenarios, including identifying the detailed test data needs.
- Being a proactive, self-motivating member of the Scrum team, the candidate will not only contribute to the technical architecture and implementation, but also to the team efficiency initiatives and culture.
- Commitment to deliver high quality releases.
- Experience working in fast paced, highly-interactive environment.
- Strong communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills are essential because collaboration with end-users, technology and operational functions are critical to the relevance of the product.
- Experience with SDLC best practices, preferably in an Agile environment focus on automation.
- Commitment to deliver high quality releases.
- Ability to escalate risk to help remove or identify roadblocks.
- Experience and a sense of comfort working closely with varied members of the project team throughout the life of the project.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly-interactive environment
Nice to have:
- Passion to learn new things and an interest in technology.
- Experience working as part of a successful Agile/SCRUM
- Ability to work as part of a global integrated delivery team.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with BDD and/or ATDD is a plus.
- Experience with Integration, stress, performance, scalability, and/or load testing a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Test automation & scripting utilizing tools such as Specflow, Selenium and NUnit.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks(j/n/php unit languages).
- Experience in testing databases & writing SQL statements.
Please apply if you…
…have a strong analytical mind, and enjoy picking apart complicated problems.
…are looking for a great QA career track that will hone your skills to a razor sharp edge.
…are excited to play, experiment, and innovate with cutting edge tech and process.
…are looking for an organization who will invest in the improvement of your skills and career.
…don't mind coming to work in shorts and jeans.
…are looking for big company success with a small company vibe.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.