Business Intelligence Architect - Business Objects, Tableau (Architect, Database Management)
Operationsand Shared Tech (OST)
owns the ecosystem through which BNY Mellon's products and services aredelivered to our clients and our internal business operations teams. Weprovide Custody/Cash/Settlement services, run BNYM's digital platform (NEXEN)along with associated shared services, oversee the technology portfolio forAlternative Investments and Sub-Accounting products, and drive operationaltransformation through technology to make our clients and us more efficient.OST's world-class engineers build solutions with an 'empathy first' principle.We believe that our products and services are superior when we know ourclients, users, and partners - and that the more embedded we are with them andthe more we interact with them, the more empathy we exercise. The OSTProduction Services Team
isdedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. OurProduction Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across allrun-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose ofproviding a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our teammembers use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forthsolutions that will take our company into the future. If you are acollaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire tocontribute to our company's top priorities, this is the place for you. The Role
As a BusinessIntelligence Architect
within our Shared Service (SST) ProductionServices
team, we are accountable for maintenance of clustered environmentfor extreme availability, externally facing, and high performance 24/7 supportenvironment Key Responsibilities:
- Administering & supporting the Business Objects Shared Service environment using SAP BI Business objects application bundles.
- Capacity Planning, installation, configuration, sizing and deployment of Business Objects 4.X platform
- upgrades, migration, installation, configuration, delivering end and to end of reporting initiatives
- Performance tuning of Business Objects, Tableau and deliver optimal running conditions.
- Architect & automation monotonous workflow with the Vendor API and JAVA programing
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve technical incidents and inquires on Business Objects tools.
- Prepare documentation & guides for Line of business Admins & users. Develop detailed functional and technical documents for all BI developments and deployments.
- Responsible for coordination with SAP/Tableau/TIBCO for support cases, implementing and maintaining best practices.
- Working as a bridge between SAP/Tableau/TIBCO & BNYMellon delegated admins for issues related to the Business Objects/Tableau/Jasper platforms.
- Knowledge on Scripting using Shell, Bash & SQL Scripts.
- Ability/Willingness to adapt new Business Intelligence tools & work on them as it's a reporting COE with multiple BI Tools.
Architect, Database Management->> Serves as an architect for database management. Designs logical database management structures with a focus on enhancing database performance.Designs, implements, and supports logical database management structures, as well as database recovery, back-up, security, archiving, and conversion strategies.Focuses on enhancing database performance through proactive monitoring, reporting, and tuning, and provides technical assistance and mentoring to various staff.Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 8-10 years of experience in database management structure and associated technical platform architectures required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 8-10 years of experience in database management structure and associated technical platform architectures required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- 8+ Yrs of BI Administrator worked on Business Objects 4.x, Tableau 10.x or higher , Tibco Jaspersoft 6.4 (Min 2)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Worked on minimum 2 BI tools
- Completed end-end implementation of any of the above mentioned BI Tools.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: