ETL Developer, AVP
ETL Developer, AVP About the Team
The Bank seeks a highly skilled ETL Developer who has experience in developing enterprise ETL solutions and demonstrates expert-level knowledge in SQL Server and Oracle application framework. The successful candidate will be responsible for all phases of in-house application development and third-party package customization and implementation. This includes business requirement analysis, program design, coding, testing, implementing and maintaining/supporting the systems. 1) General Duties
System Development: Participate in full project lifecycle in implementing new or enhancing application systems (both in-house and third vendor packages). The task will include, but not be limited to:
- Writes advanced SQL including some query tuning
- Experience designing and building complete ETL /SSIS processes moving and transforming data for ODS, Staging, and Data Warehousing.
- Prepare system design and technical specification
- Develop SSRS reports
- Develop and execute Unit test cases.
- Support user acceptance test.
- Create application and data migration plans.
- Prepare production release documentation
- Take end-to-end ownership of all aspects of our software product - architecture, quality, user experience, timelines, and deliverables
- Show thought leadership by mentoring and assisting technical and non-technical staff members
- Develop architectural diagrams
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, product owners, business partners and customers to solve problems and design solutions
- Translate end-user requirements into pragmatic, scalable, and effective technical solutions
- A track record of projects completed utilizing agile methodologies
- Solid software design knowledge - you should know how to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Work closely with DevOps Engineers on infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline automation
- Respond to production troubles and user inquiries
- Foresee potential issues and address them
- Off-hour support is required to respond to troubles during nightly processing, etc.
- Occasional weekend work is required
- Participate in production support monthly rotation schedule
- Maintain required documentation, which includes system environment diagram, system specification/design document, test plan/test cases/test evaluation, operations manual, etc.
- Follow the policies and procedures of the Bank, including, but not limited to, Information Control Policy, the Project Promotion Procedures, System Trouble Reporting Procedures, and Production Release Approval Procedures.
- Manage own priorities and time allocation
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
- Strong judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven
- A passion for learning new technologies and is current in industry trends
- Automation testing and deployments, continuous integration and delivery tools (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of Wolters Kluwer OneSumX or AxiomXL application is a huge plus
#li-Mizuho Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.