- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
The primary function of the role is to work as part of the Corporate Investment Bank Information Architecture team providing development support in order to deliver and maintain components and tools that deliver to the wider function of Data Management.
Information Architecture and Data Management continues to be a critical element to delivering on our business objectives and it's something that is required in order to support the reduction of costs, lowering risk, increasing performance and enabling the transparency of business performance and client satisfaction. There are a number of associated objectives required of our Information Architecture and Data Management function.
· Create and maintain accurate, complete and consistent governed Data Models with lineage and implementation traceability metadata
· Collaboration to create, maintain, govern and use Controlled Vocabularies and Data Souring Contracts with our Business Partners and the Chief Data Office
· Actively engage with development teams to use Information Architecture as part of the development process and the deliverables
· Incrementally standardize and simplify the Data and Information Architecture through the rationalization and reduction of interfaces and databases
· Deliver to firm-wide, CIB and sub-LOBs Data Policy and Standards (such as the System of Record and Authoritative Data Sourcing registration and JPMC Business Data Taxonomy)
· Contribute towards the incremental delivery of the Data Strategy (for example building out of the Shared Data Platform and common data components)
· Work with other teams across JPMC to order to coordinate on data quality, data usage and delivery (Reference Data, Data Science, Finance, Risk and Regulatory)
· Standardize and innovate Data Management, Analytics and Business Intelligence Technology in accordance with Reference Architectures
The Information Architect (IA), will work as part of the Information Architecture federated team to achieve a number of strategic to negotiate, agree and deliver artefacts such as the Business Entity Model, State Model, Controlled Vocabulary and Communication Contracts and govern their implementation and traceability from Logical and Physical schemas. Will be considered the Subject Matter Expert on Data and Information Architecture and Management working closely and collaboratively with business subject matter experts and project development teams, ensuring that the design is implementable and that delivery is consistent with the agreed design. Also work with the JPMC firm-wide, CIB and LOB core architecture teams on standards, tooling and production of standard on-going Information Architecture deliverables such as Data Lineage, Lifecycle Management, Quality Monitoring and Metadata Management.
Engaging with Business Operations, Product Management and Technology groups across the firm, the IA ensures that business requirements are translated into fit-for-purpose data requirements and that accurate traceability and lineage is both defined and documented. The IA will work with Business, Application and Technology Architects to review (and where necessary contribute to) business drivers, needs and strategies whilst assessing the implications and impact to the Data and Information Architecture. The IA will be considered a key trusted advisor on options, risks, and cost versus benefits and will communicate business data prioritization decisions to the relevant technology organizations. Be able to engage confidently across all organizational levels management, evangelizing the benefits and importance of Information Architecture and Data Management. They will also be able to interchange between operating independently and in conjunction with other team members as required, whilst working on a number of assignments simultaneously.
· Driving the management area/project Information Architecture, providing local governance of IA principles, standards and policies
· Use of UML-based language (and profiles) for defining Data and Information Artefacts
· Championing design traceability and provenance framework (allowing audit-trail based data quality control) across all owned information flows
· Ensuring all cross-management areas, regulatory data standards and data requirements are addressed
· Collaborating with firm-wide IA and Architecture group to develop consistent, accurate and complete Information Architecture artefacts based upon JPMC Data Standards
· Extending the LDM's taxonomy of business entities according to business requirements, acting as a local data steward, subject to the LOB Architecture and Chief Data Office (CDO) governance
· Working with the Chief Data Office for the definition and implementation of Data Management standards
· Developing and maintaining logical, platform independent Component models
Deliverables of the Information Architect :
· Consulting support for subject area LDMs aligned with business functionality, to property level and documented with rules to be used as a basis for implementation models, communication contracts, data sourcing agreements and DQ
· Consulting support for the development and inventory of Communication Contracts aligned to LDM
· Define the process for the development of Controlled Vocabularies and usage of the Group Banking Technology/Chief Data Office Enterprise Controlled Vocabulary
· Coordinate development and traceability between Logical Data Model, Application and Physical Data Models
· Coordinate and support the definition of coarse-grain linage across the Corporate Investment Bank.
· Master Source and Target Data Models in Magic Draw for Fine-grain Lineage (where required according to business requirements)
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Fluency in architecture and design across all systems
- Knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
- Experience in risk and risk control compliance
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.