Sr. Specialist Developer
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 19 May 19
Sr. Specialist Developer
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
We are working on a large data lake implementation for the Data Management Integration group, where our team, the Integrated Business Data (IBD) team, develops common data assets which can be used consistently by multiple functional consumers for 15 standardized data domains sourced across 71 upstream data applications. We are staffing up for a new high profile firm initiative and are looking to add a data architect to our team with the following responsibilities:
- Creates, defines, adheres to, and ensures all others adhere to an organized and repeatable development process for all development code artifacts.
- Creates, defines, adheres to, and ensures all others meet a set of coding and development standards that ensure a quality code base in all environments.
- Maintain a transparent and well defined release cycle scope by recommending new tasks and advising on tasks, effort, risks, and dependencies for items in the product backlog. Works on individual items in a prioritized fashion.
- Defines and manages new technical processes, of production ready quality, that are well documented, and adheres to development and coding standards that can be maintained by support groups and other developers.
- Manages, creates, and completes all assigned development tasks on time following established development processes ensuring they meet coding standards.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Ability to develop, maintain, understand, debug, and support ETL code
Ability to understand, translate, and develop SQL
Ability to debug end-to-end processes in all environments
Ability to work with testing team to verify processes, identify and remediate bug fixes
Experience loading data into database
Datewarehouse and data lake concepts
Tools to connect to database such as DbVisualizer, Toad, SqlDeveloper, etc.
Windows environment such as WinScp, Windows Cmd prompt, etc.
Windows applications Excel, SharePoint, etc.
Experience in Financial Services
Understanding of Financial services products or instruments in any of the following: Collateral, Life Insurance, Lease, Financial, Mortgage, Deposit, Failed Transactions, Guarantees, Letter of Credit, Loan, Security, Derivative, Billing, Facility
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Architecture and Data-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1905687