Mid-level support team member, working within a global team that is responsible for supporting and maintaining a 22-hour trading platform. The main focus of the candidate will be to develop new tools to improve system monitoring and the operational efficiency of the team and to investigate and to troubleshoot complex system issues requiring technical expertise. The candidate should have at least 4 years' work experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry and with development experience in C++ and SQLServer. The role offers an opportunity to gain exposure and develop a broad in-depth understanding of a complex online bond trading platform.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing application tools to improve system monitoring and operational efficiency.
- The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
- Conduct root cause analysis for complex production issues and provide resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to deal with time sensitive issues in support of critical service level commitments.
- Extensive knowledge and experience on supporting fixed income products including Interest Rate Swap, US Equities, MBS and US Treasuries.
- Identify, define and implement required monitoring and support automation tools.
- Interacts directly with business and development and QA teams to provide quality application support and meet client satisfaction.
- Experience supporting an existing large system to very high levels of availability, ideally of financial and especially trading systems is desirable.
- Development experience in C++ and SQLServer.
- As this is a support role, ideal candidate should prefer working on an existing system as opposed to developing from scratch.
- In this role you will be very proactive and be able to understand the business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
- The team works very closely, and it is a high pressure mission critical production environment.
- Candidate in this role requires good communication skills as they will be dealing with internal customers on a regular basis.
- In this role you will be required to be flexible regarding work schedule, including evening and occasional weekend duties.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of object-oriented development experience (ideally Microsoft Visual C++)
- Development experience with C++
- Relational Database experience with SQLServer, Oracle or Sybase
In addition, you should have:
- Strong analytical skills and a structured, methodical approach.
- A delivery-focused attitude.
- The ability to work within a team environment - be a team-player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Fixed income market knowledge would be a plus
Tradeweb Markets Inc. (NASDAQ: TW) is a leading, global operator of electronic marketplaces for rates, credit, equities and money markets. Founded in 1996, Tradeweb provides access to markets, data and analytics, electronic trading, straight-through-processing and reporting for more than 40 products to clients in the institutional, wholesale and retail markets. Advanced technologies developed by Tradeweb enhance price discovery, order execution and trade workflows while allowing for greater scale and helping to reduce risks in client trading operations. Tradeweb serves approximately 2,500 clients in more than 60 countries. For more information, please go to www.tradeweb.com .
Tradeweb Markets LLC (\"Tradeweb\") is proud to be an EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer.