User Experience Architect - Designer
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 May 19
User Experience Architect - Designer
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
Designing successful and usable products begins with an understanding that there is a balance between meeting business goals and meeting the needs of the user. Our approach is based on a tried and true methodology that begins and ends with the user.
The UX Architect/Designer will collaborate closely on progressive agile product development teams with stakeholders, product owners, business analysts, and software engineers, translating business objectives into actionable models through the use of best practice UX methods. You'll help solve workflow problems, design new ways of presenting & interacting with a system, and above all figuring out what the user needs in a solution.
Candidates will have experience delivering the UX for desktop and/or mobile applications for complex transactional based systems and may describe themselves as an Experience Architect or Interaction Designer. Ideally, they are a part-interaction designer, part-information architect, part-usability expert, part-business analyst - all blended together.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive recommendations through the delivery of high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design models.
- Design new and/or improve existing GTI products that support our customers' needs and tasks.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expert understanding of UX methodologies
- Experience facilitating or assisting with user research activities and demonstrated skills in planning and moderating innovation-fueling research and usability studies within complex environments
- Experience in leading the design of user experiences for digital products and services from product and/or business model definition through development and deployment.
- Track record of translating client business problems and requirements into compelling UI's, that demonstrate the power and value of rich internet application experiences
- Specific methodologies for collaborating, problem solving and planning with a cross-disciplinary team, including experience in agile processes, lean UX and rapid prototyping.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products, Sketch, InVision, OmniGraffle, and/or other wireframing and prototyping tools.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of web analytics software packages (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Technical understanding of Internet related technologies: database structuring and content management and knowledge management software
- Working knowledge of front-end development technologies (HTML/CSS)
- An understanding of front-end frameworks (JQuery, Angular, React, nodeJS, WebSockets)
- An understanding of service oriented architecture (Web services, API, XML)
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.