VP Cloud Software Developer
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
VP Cloud Software Developer
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Experience leading the design, development and support of production-grade cloud solutions in Cloud ecosystems such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience integrating a mixture of third party vendor solutions with bespoke developed solutions to provide an end to end solution for clients
- Proven track record developing cloud native applications in one or more general purpose programming languages, preferably Python, Java or Golang
- Experience working in a globally distributed team
Required Technical Skills
- At least 6 years of enterprise software development in Java or Python on distributed systems.
- Development experience against messaging solutions (Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Active MQ) is a requirement
- At least 6 years experience in development unit and integration testing using JUnit and either Fitnesse or Robot
- At least 6 years experience in continuous integration & continuous development using pipelines such as Team City, Concourse, AWS CodePipeline or Jenkins
- At least 2 years of experience in development REST Web Services and Clients of REST Web Services
- Git/Bitbucket experience of at least 2 years
- Hands on SQL experience of at least 2 years required. Preference in Oracle or MySQL
- At least 6 years experience deploying software and doing development in Linux. Knowledge of Bash shell scripting required (2 years). Experience with Red Hat Linux 6/7 is a plus
- Google Golang
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.