Digital Controllership Services | SAP | Manager
Are you looking to assist Chief FinancialOfficers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and businessunit finance leaders to help solve complex financial accounting and reportingissues through digital enablement? Our team of accounting and reportingspecialists do just that. Join our talented team of specialists servingclients across all industries by leveraging and optimizing the use of SAP andother enabling technologies. Workyou'll do
As partof the Controllership Digital team, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and applying relevant specialized accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close, consolidation/financial reporting, and financial operations across multiple industries
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quo - including exploring new digital technologies
- Designing accounting data models and rules engines to deliver higher quality and more accessible financial information
- Lead mapping of existing finance and accounting data models into new models utilizing proprietary Deloitte Accounting Information Science\u2122 tools and methods
- Applying a deep understanding of Tier 1 Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Lead finance and accounting focused implementations of SAP modules and other relevant boundary applications
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day client and internal relationships
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk, and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process for marketplace pursuits
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
- Contributing to training and personnel development efforts within your area of expertise
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
The team providesclients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designedto help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We workwith organizations to help them reducerisk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meetaccounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decisionmaking. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operatingmodels and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services.
Learn more aboutDeloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Digital Controllership practice Qualifications
- 5+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-outs, acquisition integrations, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics, Engineering, or related field.
- Configuration experience in one or more of the following SAP solutions: FI, CO, COPA, PaPM, PPM, CPM, BPC, or GRC
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Up to 80% travel (typically Monday - Thursday)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master's degree in Business, Information Systems, or Accounting
- Experience leading components of full lifecycle implementations from requirements through deployment with a common ERP package or boundary platform (SAP, Blackline, Trintech, etc.) OR experience as an administrator of a common ERP package
- Project experience leading requirements gathering / definition development and business process mapping
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and use of Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP and boundary applications) to solve business issues
- Configuration and implementation of finance/ accounting software applications
- Project experience in areas such as root cause/gap analysis/best fit, financial modeling and value mapping
- Project workstream leadership experience within a functional area (e.g. Record to Report, Order to Cash)
AtDeloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at everylevel of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best workevery day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there'salways room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in additionto hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. Fromon-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at DeloitteUniversity, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue togrow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
AtDeloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value ourpeople and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more aboutwhat working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Ourpositive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best workevery day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness andoffering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them tobe healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs andare continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our peopleexcel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more aboutLife at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitteis led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines whowe are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and ourcommunities. We believe that business has the power to inspire andtransform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, andleadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more aboutDeloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feelprepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you doyour research: know some background about the organization and the businessarea you're applying to. Check outrecruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFMGRKC002-FRT