Data Analyst III
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data Economics team we collect, analyze, process, and publish Economic data for our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products, and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The US Economics data team provides macro-economic datasets and data-driven insights for North America. We collaborate with the Economics team globally to continue our role as a leading source of economic indicators and analysis. The Role:
You will leverage your demonstrated technical expertise and understanding of client's needs to enhance our data products. You will work across data teams and departments to optimize workflows, increase automation, and improve internal operations to ensure quality, timely and discoverable data. As a technical leader in the organization, you will work to deploy code to production, ensure best practices are adhered to, and mentor others. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Combine subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to research new ways to improve our processes and datasets
- Identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement new innovative workflow solutions to improve the quality and time to market of our datasets
- Build services in Python to improve workflows and scale up solutions
- Build database schema and maintain workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, data extraction, data loading, and quality control
- Contribute to the creation of best practices and guidelines for governance
- Utilize data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders (primarily Core Product, Technical Operations, Engineering, and Sales)
We'd also love to see:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in a data technology or quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc)
- 2-3 years of professional experience analyzing, modeling, manipulating, and transforming data to create meaningful solutions
- 2+ years of Python programming experience
- Experience with SQL, data modeling and using relational databases for storage and analysis
- Experience with software engineering best practices, such as version control and testing
- Proven ability to use technology to innovate data products and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States without visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Experience working with Economic data or familiarity with fundamental economic concepts
- Experience working with restful APIs and data modeling within SQL and NoSQL databases
- An advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or another discipline with a quantitative or computational emphasis
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to solve real-world problems
- Experience with Agile development practices
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.