EDA Cloud Engineer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer We Offer:
EDA Technology operates horizontally across Credit Suisse Global Markets businesses. Within this organization, the EDA group operates the core common risk technology components that support the Global Markets and Market Risk, and provides on-demand risk aggregation, promote effective capital allocation, improve trading decision-making tools, and support management of risk oversight across GM.
The team owns and develops the core technologies which enable the front-to-back applications that are used across Global Markets for risk management and regulatory reporting. These technologies enable traders, product controllers and risk managers across the business to analyze and report on substantial amounts of risk and P&L data. The heart of this platform is the Risk Data Fabric (RDF), a big data store that provides a consistent data access layer for trade, P&L and reference data across all GM business divisions. On top of this, we develop and support a graph-based calculation layer (QCF) which enables on-demand risk and scenario calculations to both front office and risk management users.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, flexible and innovative DevOps Cloud Engineer to join the EDA DevOps team and help us to migrate, manage and evolve our platform as we migrate to the public Cloud! You will play an integral role in:
- Automation of the build and release operations (CI/CD) of the ever growing platform, given the growing regulatory demands across our business.
- Developing tools to help automate environment management and monitoring to ensure our software is compatible and repeatable across different environments.
- Additionally, this person plays in a role in facing off to Operations to better design and develop automate tooling for processes as the environment grows.
- Experience with capacity management (e.g. storage, compute) principles.
- Cloud adoption of elastic storage and compute resources.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. You Offer
Essential Skills & Experience
- Planning, crafting and developing cloud migration plan.
- Deploying and marinating cloud initiatives for EDA Technology.
- Lead and develop Cloud best practices.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based EDA solutions.
- Experience with major public Cloud providers.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Ability to engage and connect with senior management across business and IT functions
- Proactive and eager to be challenged including a proven track record to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution.
- Flexible and adaptable, being willing to move focus between components and projects easily.
- Prior experience in the financial services sector, and risk technology, is a benefit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience with major cloud providers including Amazon Web Services, Oracle OCI, Google GCP or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with automation tools like Terraform.
- Excellent understanding of Linux / Windows Operating System fundamentals. From the perspective of application hosting and management.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Proven experience with environment management automation.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with Cloud application orchestration technologies like Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Experience with GIT/GitHub/BitBucket, Subversion or Perforce.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Demonstrated ability in one or more back-end programming languages such as: Perl, Python, Java.
- No-SQL database experience (in particular sorted key-value stores such as Apache HBase, Apache Accumolo for instance). Apache Spark (or similar analysis tools).
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. Other cloud-related certification also a plus.
- Experience with Java Web based technologies and containers (Java EE Web). Knowledge of Apache Tomcat a bonus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment methodologies like Jenkins build and test with Pipeline.
- Experience with deployment tools such as Ansible, Saltstack.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.