Software Developer Engineer in Test - Post Trade
Bloomberg is seeking a Software Quality Engineer to support our Post Trade Quality Assurance and Engineering teams. The team performs functional software testing on Bloomberg's Post Trade Offerings for our Sell side and Buy side clients. You will be working with the Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Product teams to scale the automated testing needs with tight timelines. In addition, a great deal of analysis of data input and output is expected. You'll get a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, and test software that helps shape their future success.
The position specifically is part of the testing team for RHUB, which is a multi-asset cross platform regulatory product built to support a wide variety of trading workflows to meet the regulatory obligations of our buy side, sell side and trading venue clients in the most convenient and seamless fashion across many jurisdictions. This highly scalable, efficient and robust platform is built to be able to process over 50 million transactions a day with guaranteed SLAs and serves as the backbone which connects various buy side and sell side OMSs/EMSs to multiple external government and regulatory venues around the world. The platform transforms, enrich, validate, route and transmit transactional data as per required regulations using a wide range of Bloomberg and industry standard technologies.
We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Have a solid understanding of coding and programming languages and how to apply them to effectively test.
- Analyze work-flows and test scenarios to rectify scope of testing and inefficiencies.
- Create and maintain FIX based testing scripts for our regression suite.
- Run and troubleshoot automated tests.
- Coordinate with developers to provide efficient feedback on release quality.
- Project manage technical testing implementations with the QA and engineering teams.
- Build service level tests based on current UI automated tests.
- Contribute to and support our shared strategic technology agenda.
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science or Finance
- At least 3 years or more of Test Automation Experience
- Experience with FIX testing and creating automated tests for FIX protocol workflows
- Interpretation and understanding of file formats such as .xml, .csv and JSON and the conversion from one to another
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile SDLC
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Understanding of Fixed Income and Equity markets
- Understanding of financial regulations (like MIFID II)
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD Frameworks
- Expertise in data quality analysis and testing
- Experience creating automation frameworks If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.