IT Software Engineer - Evidence Lab
- Weehawken, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 May 19
Job Reference # 184321BR
Do you want to define the way our developer infrastructure operates? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
- evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
- guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance
- analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you’ve got a good eye)
- collaborate with cross-functional teams to work towards global IT solutions
- providing SME expertise on software build chains & library management
You’ll be working within Investment Bank - Research and Sales Technology department, in Weehawken, focused on our Evidence Lab platform. The team that you will be working in will be responsible for integrating commercial tools into the Evidence Lab stack and could also expand to support the whole Investment Research Program.
Evidence Lab is one of the most innovative and highly regarded teams in UBS Investment Bank. The business specializes in analytical techniques such as web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science to uncover unique insights and that power our Investment Research. To learn more about Evidence Lab, click here.
You will be joining a team of Information Technology professionals aligned directly with the Evidence Lab business to help build the next generation data platform and solutions that will power the future of this exciting business.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure As Code tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Consul)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service)
- Worked with CI/CD toolset including Github, TeamCity, Jenkins, Nexus
- Experience with Hadoop distributions (Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks) and associated Tech Stack like HDFS, Kafka,Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Impala
- Some experience working with Cloud based data systems especially MS Azure services
- Some experience of software development using Python or R
- strong background regarding Continuous Integration build chain and the tools and development processes behind
- strong analytic and problem solving skills– providing evaluation, assessment and proposal on new tools and plugins
- passionate of DevOps with good vision and knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
- aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments
- an excellent communicator, with persuasive presentation skills
- customer orientated and focused on service quality and detail-oriented
- a multitasker, well organized and able to thrive when no two days are the same
- Team player with an attitude to pursue new ideas and self-improvement
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.