Risk Control Reporting Specialist
- Weehawken, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 May 19
Job Reference # 191839BR
Are you interested in understanding the nature of a bank's risks arising from risk taking activities and as a consequence of business operations? Would you enjoy analyzing stress losses calculations and presenting your conclusions to management? We are looking for a Risk Control Reporting Specialist to:
- analyze changes in stress forecasts across Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk and other risks as a consequence of business operations
- acquire a sound understanding of risk drivers of the portfolios as well as the construct of the models
- compare risk exposures to risk capacity to inform the Risk Appetite and capital adequacy of Firm and entities
- be inquisitive, diligent and accurate
Risk Reporting & Analysis (RRA) team calculates and analyses risk exposures of Firm and Entities. The team adopts 2 complementary approaches to loss calculation: Stress testing based on regulatory and internal stress scenarios and statistical simulations which are agnostic to scenarios. Loss results and their associated analyses are reported externally to regulators and internally in risk reports and treasury reports. The team also provides portfolio level assessment of credit risks and advises portfolio underwriters in this regard. We have footprint in US, Switzerland, UK and Poland.
- master’s or BS degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics or similar
- solid quantitative skills
- good written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to explain complex issues clearly and intuitively
- prior experience in risk management, modeling and/or finance is a plus
- knowledge of programming languages (ideally R) is a plus
- interested in economics and/or finance
- team player and self-starter
- able to work under pressure and deliver against tight schedules
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.