Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
The AVP-Communications works with the global communications team to develop and execute on communication plans and strategies. Acting as a business partner to client groups within the company, and partnering with colleagues across the Communications team globally, the AVP-Communications leads and manages projects that contribute to a wide spectrum of initiatives driving either internal or external communications that further the team's mission to be a strategic partner driving Moody's thought leadership, enhancing reputation and influencing perception through clear and persuasive communications.
The AVP-Communications supports the promotion of their business partners' products and services by executing a variety of cross-channel media outreach strategies. In addition, the AVP-Communications creates messaging and materials to promote Moody's research and solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Creating media outreach strategies that promote Moody's thought leadership and solutions.
- Developing content to promote MA solutions and research, including press releases, push emails, social media posts and other content for media and market outreach.
- Creating of clear, articulate messages to the media (key message documents, Q&As).
- Managing potential risk and crisis management strategies.
- Developing and maintains effective business relationships with print, web-based, and broadcast media journalists.
- Media training of Moody's spokespeople.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on resulting coverage.
- Global coordination with peers in other regions.
- Managing social media campaigns.
- Undergraduate degree in communications or related discipline. Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum of five years of public relations/communications experience, either agency, in-house and/or journalism, ideally within the financial services sector.
- Experience in managing a range of relationships with both external media and internal clients.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute near-term and long-range communications strategies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong positive attitude, with sense of self-motivation and accountability.
- Strong detail orientation and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to advise and influence business partners.
- Adaptable, flexible, and open to change.
- Strong technical/computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Sharepoint software.
- English fluency/proficiency is essential; an additional language is helpful.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.