Analyst, Datacenter Services & Infrastructure
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Analyst, Datacenter Services & Infrastructure Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 8A The Location:
Virtual, US The Team:
Our 451 Research team has been deeply involved with the datacenter market for over a decade. We produce both qualitative and quantitative analysis of the industry, providing insight into the companies active in the industry; their customers; trends impacting the industry and how the industry differs from city to city. The Impact:
We serve a wide variety of customers, including datacenter operators, investors and lenders, cloud and managed service providers and enterprises that are datacenter customers. Our clients depend on us to cover trends and issues around datacenters by country, as well as topics that impact the industry more broadly, such as energy management and sustainability, how workloads for AI and IoT impact datacenters, the cloud in all its forms, and government regulation. Customers use our research when making investment and other key decisions. What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to become a well-known expert in the industry.
- Exposure to a wide variety of people, from industry C-level executives to investment professionals, government officials, engineers and fellow analysts.
- The ability to work independently on your research topics while managing your tasks, time and priorities yourself, in consultation with your manager (and with help from your manager and teammates if needed).
- Travel around the US and Latin America (once travel restrictions are lifted).
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Search publicly available news and data sources.
- Research and publish both short (2-page) and long (10-15 page) reports on broad industry trends and on datacenters in specific cities/countries.
- Gather data points from both public and private companies and update/maintain the data accurately in our proprietary database.
- Communicate effectively with other analysts and with a broad range of industry professionals.
- Conduct research in support of client consulting engagements.
- Share thought leadership on webinars and at industry conferences.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and spoken); some ability in Brazilian Portuguese a plus but not required.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree, either a writing/communications degree or liberal arts degree with an interest in technology, or a technical degree (math, science, engineering, MIS, IT) with a minor in writing.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability/willingness to travel to/throughout Latin America once pandemic restrictions are lifted as well as to events in the US.
- The key to being a successful analyst is having an inquisitive nature; always looking to learn and explore.
- 1-3 years' work experience.
- PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Interest in public speaking.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
257266 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States