- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Vice President - Organizational Effectiveness Partner
Location: New York, NY, USAThe AVP, OE Partner will act as the point of contact to the line of business and will have a strong partnership with the HRBP and provide consultative services and implement best in class solutions in the areas or organizational effectiveness, performance management, employee engagement, change leadership, career development while ensuring D&I is embedded throughout all processes and practices.
In addition to supporting the MIS business, the AVP, OE Partner will deploy enterprise initiatives, best in class tools and processes e.g., talent reviews, succession planning. They will share business/regional best practices with their fellow AVP, OE Partners and assume the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one of the following areas: Performance Management, Organizational Design/Integration, Employee Engagement, etc.
The AVP, OE Partner is an individual contributor role and will report directly into the SVP, Organizational Effectiveness. This role will also partner and collaborate very closely with the Moody's Investor Services (MIS) HR Business Partner.
Candidate must have business experience and proven expertise in the areas of organizational effectiveness, talent development, and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive the organizational effectiveness and talent development strategy for the MIS business; aligned to the global talent management strategy.
- Learn the MIS business to be an effective business partner.
- Support the design and execution of enterprise wide strategies and solutions including talent review, succession planning, leadership and employee development, performance management, assessment and selection, team and performance effectiveness, learning and capability development, engagement and retention, organization design, and change management.
- Ensure D&I is embedded throughout all processes and practices.
- Work closely with the HR and senior management to identify high-potential employees and create development opportunities and plans that will prepare these employees for career advancement.
- Interact day-to-day with employees, HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to understand the talent needs across Moody's MIS business.
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partner, and consult with business stakeholders to identify, develop and drive a consistent organizational development methodology for the assessment and management of OD activities throughout the organization.
- Partner with Regional OE Partners to ensure strategy alignment across the MIS business.
- Own and drive the design, development and implementation of an enterprise-wide initiatives such as Performance Management, Organizational Design/Integration, Employee Engagement, etc.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to align on priorities, approaches, processes, and tools. In some instances, educate the HR partners to deliver talent initiatives at a local level.
- Lead the facilitation of meetings, focus groups, and other working sessions to help solve difficult problems, align disparate viewpoints, and build capabilities.
- Partner with the business to lead change initiatives and support leaders through complex company transformations
- Partner across functions to ensure work is integrated.
- Forecast business needs to identify strategic roles and skill/capability needs with Talent Acquisition Partners to drive near and long term talent plan.
Experience and Leadership Traits:
- Experience in talent development and organization design in a progressive, "high-bar for talent" environment.
- Known for innovative thinking, strong domain expert, thought leader as well as a very practical operator adept at driving execution of programs and processes.
- Success driving large scale change and enterprise initiatives.
- Have the experience, maturity, executive presence and judgment to gain credibility and respect among business leaders and HR leaders; experience dealing with senior leadership teams in large organizations whereby influencing without authority is a key attribute of successful performance.
- Hands-on development, implementation and administration of talent programs and initiatives.
- Experience in engaging multiple business partners and stakeholders and driving to alignment and action; along with experience in planning and managing large, cross-functional efforts
- Disciplined self-starter; resourceful and able to prioritize (and re-prioritize) in a fast-paced environment with shifting objectives.
- Skilled in collaborating as part of a team and working independently to deliver results.
- Experience developing customized talent approaches that leverage and complement the business culture.
- Demonstrates superior influence skills; is able to communicate effectively and confidently with all levels of the organizations.
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; navigates confidently; adapts to change.
- Bachelor's degree in Organization Development, Psychology, Human Resources, Business or a related field. A Master's Degree in Business or a related field is desirable.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience demonstrating a deep knowledge of talent development, organizational effectiveness, learning.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Superior consulting skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.