What we do:
The Internal Audit Function assists the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Board of Directors and senior management in the effective discharge of their fiduciary responsibilities by independently assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within Bank business areas over (1) financial reporting, (2) effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and (3) compliance with laws and regulations, as well as the adequacy of the Bank's risk management and governance processes. Audit also reviews significant Bank projects and initiatives and performs consulting services within the guidance of the Internal Audit profession. It adds value by providing objective, timely and relevant analyses, comments and recommendations through an integrated and risk-based auditing approach.
The Audit Team has an opening for an auditor. You will have an understanding of financial and operational auditing concepts and working knowledge of technology concepts. Your role as an Auditor:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Participate in financial/operational audits and project/program reviews to evaluate key operational risks and related controls.
- Assist with technology audit work in audits of business processes (integrated audits).
- Engage with the Bank’s stakeholders to stay informed of changes and new initiatives within the business and technology areas and sharing audit perspectives relating to risk identification and mitigation.
- Develop new audit techniques, revise existing procedures and perform risk analyses of areas to determine the frequency of audits.
- Identify and analyze complex issues, problems and improvement opportunities and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Verify or review audit evidence, prepare audit plans, workpapers, findings, status reports and audit report.
- Perform follow-up reviews to ensure that appropriate corrective actions have been implemented by client management.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting, or related degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of risk-focused internal audit experience.
- Professional designation in, or ability to begin or complete a program to achieve, one or more of the following certifications within 180 days:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Knowledge of risk management principles and an understanding of relevant standards like COSO and COBIT.
- Ability to analyze business and financial activities, understand and describe process flows, strengths and weaknesses, and increase efficiency.
- Proficiency in PC applications, with demonstrated ability to develop spreadsheets, database and research tools and graphic presentations.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, business applications and related controls is desirable.
- Experience executing audit plans, procedures and testing for control compliance and core operational/ financial audits.
- Experience assessing the adequacy of the internal control environments through the identification of inherent risks in the business and key controls designed to avoid those risks.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship. This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance. The screening is in areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and outreach to personal and professional references that you have provided during the pre-employment process. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
- Pension plan fully paid by the Federal Reserve Bank
- 401K plan with generous match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Commutation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center
- Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult)
- And more…