Job Description This role will be mainly responsible for providing client support and addressing client needs in the structured finance sector, you will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, working directly with key business stakeholders to build and support key Content Solutions Structured applications. A successful Business Analyst is self-sufficient, resourceful, a team player and an innovative, data-driven problem solver. You will be an integral member of the team, where you will be responsible for developing new products and helping us drive our existing products to even higher levels of performance
- Develop and support the Content Solutions Structured software solutions for the structured finance industry.
- Provide client support and resolve client requests.
- Work with developers to improve data management, model consistency and predictability
- Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects, developers, and business stakeholders spread across different locations
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python or other scripting or coding languages required.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to dig deep into complex data sets. Preferably within Structured Finance.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and securitization.
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. You are able to explain complex concepts in simple terms and build consensus around ideas.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycles and Agile methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience in a product development capacity
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.