Business Line Finance Associate - Corporate Group
What we do Group Overview:
The Corporate Group is dedicated to being a trusted, strategic business partner to clients Bank wide. The Group delivers a broad range of innovative, impactful solutions that foster the Bank's ability to meet its mission. The Corporate Group is aligned across its functions to provide superior services and value-added resource and financial management that seamlessly support our clients' and the Bank's objectives. Function Overview:
Business and Finance Partners’ primary objective is to partner with key business areas across the Bank to support their strategic and financial management requirements. This includes:
Your role as
- Serving as business and financial consultants and advisors to each Business Area supported under the partnership model
- Providing guidance and financial analyses related to budgeting and forecasting, staffing/personnel, capital projects, invoice payment and accruals
- Focusing on integrating accounting policies and financial reporting to deliver and support the business areas key financial objectives
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to carry out strategic implementations and provide recommendations for future financial state
part of the Business Finance Partners team is to provide the assigned Groups and their customers with insightful and relevant management financial and accounting information and guidance as well as support and maintain a strong formal control environment and effective services. The selected individual will interact with senior management of the assigned Groups and its customers to advance departmental goals.
This position within the Business and Finance Partners Function, offers a challenging and exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of finance professionals in the Bank. The finance team is focusing on a key strategic objective of strengthening its accounting and finance capabilities. The chosen candidate will be a high performing finance professional forging strong cross-functional partnerships, being a champion of collaboration within a matrixed organization, and valuing diversity and inclusion.
The role requires partnering with business leaders, providing financial and business guidance supported by data and analytics as well as interfacing with other key finance personnel throughout the Bank. The candidate will be responsible for providing finance support by interpreting, reporting, and forecasting financial and business related activities within the Bank. Delivering insightful and relevant analyses that will enable managers across the Bank to make timely, well-informed decisions about the management of the Bank’s resources is paramount. The selected candidate will be involved in developing annual operating budgets, coordinating across the Bank to develop and implement controls designed to maintain compliance with the Federal Reserve System’s cost accounting requirements, and act as a trusted financial partner to various functional groups.
In addition to strong technical skills, as a member of the finance team, you will proactively deliver best in-class financial services to our internal and external clients. The role offers a unique vantage point in the Bank that will require you to identify patterns/trends and thus you are expected to effectively partner with and influence across the Bank for solutioning. Candidate must have a passion for on-going process improvement and be comfortable challenging the status quo. Qualifications: What we are looking for: Responsibilities:
- Provide support in all aspects of financial management planning and reporting including the development of annual operating budgets, forecasting, and the monthly reporting of the financial results.
- Provide accurate and timely historical and projected financial and operational information through financial model creation.
- To provide innovative solutions to business requirements and objectives including work associated with accounting activities and required collaboration with Corporate Controllers for Year-end footnote disclosures, audit, GAAP interpretations and other ad hoc deliverables.
- Provide consultative finance and support to the respective functional groups throughout the Bank. Partner and collaborate with business lines to help them think about resource allocations, investment prioritization, and trade-offs.
- Lead creation of budgets, as well as management reporting, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, and working knowledge of accounting principles for capital related items.
- Develop and lead the preparation and presentation of customized ad-hoc analyses to meet client needs. Expectations also include preparing formal presentations for multiple levels of audiences.
- Responsible for authoring clear, concise, executive level analytics, which include all risks and opportunities to the financials.
- Raise emerging risks early; recommend and implement solutions to improve control and risk management environment..
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of various training and presentations to Bank staff.
- Lead and/or participate in various projects/workstreams pertaining to issues relevant to the work at hand, including research, analysis, recommendations, execution and monitoring.
- 7 – 9 years of related work experience. Advanced degree or certification, preferably in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience. CPA, MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Unparalleled leadership qualities with a proven track record of success in a dynamic environment.
- Proven thought leadership skills. Individual should be innovative and be able to drive results both as an individual and team environment.
- Ability to think strategically and execute on aligned business objectives.
- Ability to synthesize data into insightful, value added information so sound decisions can be derived.
- Team player with strong relationship skills with an ability to form relationships at all levels of the organization. Develop high degree of trust within team and client base while playing key financial partnership role.
- Excellent execution, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to influence others with and without direct reports. Must be able to listen and translate effectively.
- Ability to recognize up & down stream impacts to alternatives and decisions
- Strong accounting and financial controls background with the ability to connect the dots
- Strong ability to manage multiple assignments and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to be flexible and nimble to anticipate Management and Client’s needs and adjust to shifting priorities
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Workday ERP software a plus.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.