CCB - Quantitative Modeler / Data Scientist - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) isa leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion andoperations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financialservices for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financialtransaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow JonesIndustrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers inthe United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate,institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB)
serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. The Consumer & Community Banking Business Modeling Center of Excellence
is a newly formed unit in support of modeling needs for marketing, finance and operations. Our modelers work directly with each line of business, Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Auto Finance, Credit Card and Commerce Services, Chase Wealth Management and Home Lending, to build state-of-the-art models and tools to support business growth.
We are an intellectually diverse team of economists, statisticians, engineers, and other analytics professionals, focused on quantitative modeling within CCB at JPMorgan Chase & Co. The team answers complex and unique questions, utilizing cutting edge quantitative and computational techniques and leveraging one of the world's largest repositories of consumer data. We work closely with our partners throughout JPMorgan Chase to assess and execute critical business decisions.
The position is located at either New York, NY or Columbus, OH Responsibilities:
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of business processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Know what type of algorithm to use and how to implement them
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the analytics discipline.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to develop new ideas and brainstorm potential solutions.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group
- Deep quantitative/programming background with a graduate degree (M.S., Ph.D.) in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Economics,
- 3 years of related experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Ability to write code and develop production-ready analytical applications
- Significant experience working with very large scale (structured and unstructured) data
- Expertise in at least one of the following: Python, R
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to clearly present analytical findings and business recommendations. Highly motivated, productive, and teamwork oriented.
- Good project management skills (clear goal setting, well-organized, detailed planning, and ability for tight-timeline deliverables).
- Able to translate ambiguous business problems into a conceptual mathematical framework
- Passionate about continuous learning and professional development
- Deeply curious; creative and imaginative
- Ability to influence and become a trusted advisor
- Ability to convey complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Can work both independently and collaboratively
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access ( HSA ) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.