CIB – Securities Services - Investment Middle Office Services - Product Development - Vice President
CIB - Securities Services: Investment Middle Office Services - ProductDevelopment Vice President - New York, NY About J.P. Morgan Investor Services
J.P. Morgan'sCorporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Marketsand Investor Services. The world's largest corporations, governments andinstitutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
The Custodyand Fund Services business provides middle office services, custody, accountingand administration for investment managers and asset owners, including mutualfunds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, pension funds, and fundof funds.
Investment MiddleOffice Services (IMOS) is a key fund services product that provides assetmanagers the ability to leverage JP Morgan's operational expertise and marketleading technology and data infrastructure to manage their trade processing,asset servicing, collateral management, and investment record capabilities. The product encompasses a multi-asset classoffering across listed securities, equity swaps, cleared and OTC derivatives,and bank loans, focusing on the needs of large asset managers. The Role
The IMOS Product Development VP will drive design and delivery of keyaspects of the strategic middle office product, which leverages investmentbank-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive product solutions. This role will focus on real-time investmentdata across all asset classes for client consumption into front office ordermanagement systems and client data platforms. This individual will provide subject matter expertise on investment dataacross all asset classes, including lifecycle data, for use by front office,performance, risk, and other asset manager functions. In addition, the role requires definition andexecution of the roadmap based on current client mandates and potential newfunds. The individual will work with clients,product management, sales and service teams, and technology to build out and enhancethese components for investment middle office. In addition to interfacing with clients and product teams, this role offersan opportunity to further develop expertise across securities services and dataplatform capabilities. Given the pace ofchange, responsibilities of the role will include strategic thinking onFinTech, Big Data, etc to provide a competitive product to the market.
Keyresponsibilities for this role include:
- Subject matter expertise on middle officetrade and position management, the investment data structures to support theprocessing, and it's use by large asset managers across asset classes
- Design and deliver against the strategic MOSroadmap through the full project life cycle, including analysis, design of the clientexperience and service model, and testing / migration of the components fordelivery
- Identify opportunities for productimprovement and differentiation, efficiency and standardization, present anddrive process improvements
- Partner with the technology team to executethe development of the toolset, providing requirements and ensuring delivery ison time and on budget
- Communicate progress of the productdevelopment effort with all levels of the organization to keep team members andleadership apprised of progress and challenges
- Minimum two years experience at a large assetmanager performing operational change management, technology development, ortrading desk support, or in another business line that provides middle office relatedservices and data, such as Prime Brokerage
- Experience designing and implementingsolutions, either for clients or for improvement of internal processes,including development of the roadmap and plan / timelines for execution.
- Energetic self-starter with ability to drivedelivery of the strategic vision with demonstrated effectiveness leading a multi-disciplinaryteam
- Excellent communication capabilities, clearlyand succinctly message with appropriate level of detail to cross-functionalteams, senior management, and clients
- Strong collaboration skills, able to workwith many different individuals and partner effectively with different groups
- Strong program management skills, must beorganized and able to develop a program plan and break down into achievabledeliverables
- Proven track record of effectively resolvingissues and conflicts to ensure timely delivery