Client Relationship Manager Banking and Financial Services
Cognizant(Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional servicescompanies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models forthe digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clientsenvision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquarteredin the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistentlylisted among the most admired companies in the world. Cognizant's business unit is one of Cognizant's highest growth businesses anda critical part of Cognizant's business strategy. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead withdigital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant. Overview
Cognizant's Banking &Financial Services (BFS) Vertical is seeking a Client Partner to assumeleadership for a key financial services account(s). In this role, the ClientPartner will balance business development and sales responsibilities includingidentifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities. Position alsorequires working with and leveraging a top-notch client management andconsulting team. The individual will be responsible for managing high qualitydelivery while developing strategies and tactics for further penetrating theaccount and cross selling CTS's emerging services. The Client Partner will act as a “trusted advisor” to his/her clientand have a mix of strategic and tactical management experience.
ProfessionalServices Consulting Management: Oversees the developmentand implementation of detailed IT solutions for clients using company products,outsourced solutions or proprietary tools/techniques. Responsible for definingthe client needs, developing a proposal to meet those needs, as well asoverseeing the implementation of the complete project solution. Performs inboth a people management capacity and a technical leadership capacity.Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagementand/or utilization, (i.e., billable hours for the department) or performanceagainst budget. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure theefficient operation of the function.
Client Relationship Management - Outsourcing: Responsible forhigh-level relationship management with clients. Serves as the primarymanagement contact and client liaison during delivery of an outsourcedsolution, whether it is an IT solution or a business process outsourcedsolution. Strategically focused and responsible for client satisfaction,maintaining client communication, and the overall management of the clientrelationship. Works to grow the client relationship by identifying new businessopportunities. Drives team to execute on contract terms and conditions andworks with the delivery managers to ensure on-time delivery of projects thatsupport the client's business. Generally, has profit and loss responsibilities.Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation ofthe function. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for strategic planning for the business unit.
- Key member for managing business unit target revenues, profitability and customer acquisitions.
- Manage single large customer or multiple customers.
- Responsible for multiple project delivery and project management.
- Responsible for business unit development; competency and business development plans.
- Responsible for people management; involved in hiring decisions, finalizing appraisals and development plans.
- Responsible for overall motivation and morale of the group.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and relationship building.
- Resource utilization, quality management.
- Provides overall direction to the project teams.
- Routinely reports project status to Senior Management.
- Has authority to make account/business unit related decisions.
- High level of influence within the organization and external customers/ business partners.
The qualified candidatewill have:
- · Bachelor's degree required OR equivalent combination ofeducation, training, and experience
- · 15 years + experience in a consulting client-facing role oraccount manager leadership role
- · Proven trackrecord of growing a successful consulting business in the banking and financialservices industry.
- · Demonstratedstrong leadership skills, particularly with highly diverse teams.
- · Deep knowledgeof Information Systems/Business Consulting Methodologies.
- · Seniorexecutive presence – possesses an interest and passion toward engaging seniorlevel executives in grasping and enabling fundamentals of business changethrough consulting solutions.
- · Experience andtrack record in successful delivery of technical/ management consultingservices, preferably gained at a top tier consulting firm.
- · Executive-levelexperience in the areas of resource management (financial, cost and asset),preferably with a mix of consulting and operations experience.
- · Excellentcommunication and facilitation skills.
- · Exceptionalclient management skills and experience.
- · Ability to workcollaboratively in a virtual and highly-matrixed environment.