Corporate Accounting Analyst
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
This position is part of the Corporate Accounting team within the Controllers Group and is primarily responsible for the corporate accounting and legal entity control for all the legal entities in the Americas region.
The position will report to the Vice President of Corporate Accounting in New York.
- Accounting and legal entity control for BlackRock’s 2 US broker-dealers and 8 other entities within Americas region
- Preparation of various broker-dealer related regulatory filings (audited financial statements, FOCUS reports, Form 17-h, SSOI etc)
- Perform the monthly, quarterly and annual close of the books of the broker-dealers.
- Liase with internal and external auditors and other 3rd party service providers
- Balance sheet and income statement variance analysis and review of various balance sheet reconciliations.
- Coordination with a variety of Finance departments including: forecasting/budgeting, management, financial reporting, and tax. In addition, extensive contact with other groups at BlackRock such as Legal and Compliance and various businesses.
- Special projects as they occur – special projects are very frequent
- Will have to obtain Series 27 certification after joining
- CPA is a must
- 2 - 4 years of accounting/audit experience, preferably in a “Big 4” organization
- Excellent accounting operations and GAAP skills.
- Self-starter, independent worker and able to make sound and timely decisions.
- Knowledge of broker-dealers is a strong plus
- Ability to consistently be attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing landscape with competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a desire to keep global communication lines open.
- Drive to help the team continuously improve through learning and innovation.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.