Data Architect Lead
S&P Global Ratings is seeking a Data Architect to be a key leader in the governance, management and stewardship of data across the organization. This role will work with Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Content Analyst and DBAs, and data scientists to help understand and track the flow of data throughout S&P Ratings and across divisions. Using that understanding to design data models for optimal storage and retrieval and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements.
What's in it for you:
The Data Architect is responsible for data analysis, data architecture, data modeling, development and governance of principles and standards that impact how data is developed and managed across the enterprise. This role is also responsible for leading the execution of S&P Ratings Data Strategy such that it meets the needs for various business functions across its transactional, operational & analytical applications. This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will collaborate with Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Content Analyst and DBAs to design solutions based on industry standard methodologies and use your critical thinking skills to overcome challenges. Responsibilities
• Lead, mentor and provide design and architecture for delivery teams.
• Collaborate with product and engineering leads and senior management on product and delivery requirements, roadmaps and vision.
• Partner with other divisions as one technology team to drive common solutions, secure environments and shared data wherever possible within Regulatory constraints
• Specify appropriate data structures for various software development projects. Manage metadata in the Data Management System (DMS), the enterprise's metadata repository.
• Coordinate with data platform team on the implementation of data structures.
• Assist with database-level performance analysis and troubleshooting.
• Deliver training, technical support, and functional support.
• Ensure database design and metadata conforms to data management and enterprise standards.
• Ensure uniform implementation across platforms and applications.
• Remain current in software-development and database technology through self-study, programming books, online journals, newsgroups, trade magazines and offsite training. Qualifications
• Strong conceptual understanding of relational database concepts and modeling.
• Solid experience in data integration technologies such as ETL, messaging, microservices, and Object Oriented • Programming (Java, Scala, Python), data processing technologies such as PL/SQL, Spark etc.
• Strong experience in data modeling, Relational and NoSQL databases.
• Experience working on Cloud technologies for building the next generation data platform
• Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies
• Good understanding of DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker)
• Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM)
• Strong Project Management skills, e.g., written and verbal communication, organization, requirements elicitation and consensus-building.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.