Data Engineer - Support
Who We Are:
Bloomberg's Internal Support business is a global function, focusing on our employee experiences and delivering the right capabilities to empower our workforce. In an environment this complex, data analytics and business intelligence are essential to understanding how we're performing, and where the best opportunities exist to improve service and strengthen efficiency. Within the Internal Support Operations team, our focus is on crafting efficient business processes, developing technology that enables automation and demonstrating data to drive decisions. What's the role?
As an integral member of the team, you will go beyond the collection and synthesis of data, you'll help us to determine where potential opportunities exist; the information required to effectively analyze our processes; and how to use findings to improve our operations and strengthen our business strategy.
We are looking for an engineer that possesses an outstanding combination of business insight and technical skills, as well as strong communication and social skills. You will partner with our Support functional teams to understand their needs, and collaborate with engineers to design and implement technology solutions. You will work hands-on developing data driven automations, business analytics applications that help monitor performance and identify opportunities for improvement across the organization.
Your projects will involve designing ETL pipelines, implementing machine learning and NLP algorithms, as well as developing business rules driven workflows. You will also be involved in developing applications that turn disparate data sets into actionable insights through creative and intuitive visualizations that will help business and product managers make strategic decisions.
You'll be encouraged to work independently, understand the business problem and to handle your own priorities, while collaborating with other team members and colleagues across various businesses.
You have a vision, you design, you simplify, you visualize, and you effectively communicate the business impact of your work. In this role you will lead strategic planning, while driving alignment and performance across the organization. You have the responsibility to ensure the projects, systems and processes you own are supported and drive business impact. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Work closely with partners and their teams to understand their business needs and design solutions
- Partner with stakeholders to design insightful analytics and key performance indicators that will promote efficiency/operational excellence
- Think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and ask the right questions to drive value for the business
- Find innovative ways to build business impact
- Effectively communicate project progress and success to partners in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Analyze data in a reproducible environment using RStudio/Jupyter Notebook and have the technical capability to integrate different technologies (e.g. SQL and R or SQL and QlikSense) needed in the data analysis process
If this sounds like you:
- An undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or data technology
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in software development, data engineering, data science or information technology
- A self-starter attitude, creative problem solving skills, and experience with diverse data processes and systems
- Applied machine learning experience
- Hands-on knowledge of analytics, data modeling, and data visualization
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision- making
- Full spectrum of project management skills: ideation, prioritization, communication, and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to explain technical processes and solutions to business partners and management
- Dashboard development experience in QlikSense
- Development and design of management KPI dashboards
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.