Data Researcher II, Private Equity
JobDescription : The Role:
Data Researcher II position is an integral part of the integrity of S&P Global Market Intelligence's private equity and venture capital data. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for conducting primary and secondary research of the private equity markets by collaborating with the C-level officers in US and UK via phone/email. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career in big data or financial data. The Impact:
Data Researcher II are critical to S&P Global Market Intelligence's data content. Our subscribers make investment decisions based on the data the Research Associate collects and validates. After extraction and validation, data is published to the platform and may be used by other data/news providers for presentation. The Career Opportunity:
The right candidate will have the ability to develop professionally at a reputable financial research institution. Successful Research Associates graduate to senior levels that involve project management, big data analysis and market development. The Team / The Business:
The private equity research team has a fast paced and ever changing culture. Research Associates must have superior time management skills as the team takes on multiple tasks and projects. The team is global and Research Associates interact daily with other S&P Global Market Intelligence professionals who are based internationally.
Our Hiring Manager says:
"You'll love this job because you will interact with C-level professionals and some of the smartest minds in the private equity and venture capital industry." Responsibilities:
- You will establish and maintain relationships with C-level professionals at private equity and venture capital firms via phone contact in an effort to collect data and validate internal research queries.
- You are required to conduct secondary research in order to identify, capture and validate deal-activity of buy-side and sell-side firms.
- You are going to test new functionality on the S&P Global Market Intelligence platform.
- We expect you to approach platform in a client-centric manner with suggestions that could lead to platform enhancements.
The role requires you to work in a night shift. Education:
The candidate must possess an undergraduate degree in any field and demonstrate an interest in business or data (Finance, Marketing, Economics etc.) with 0-2 years of calling experience. Qualifications:
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Top-notch communication skills with being comfortable in collaboration via telephone and other communication modes.
- Knowledge of the financial markets, Private equity knowledge a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with exceptional time management.
- Ability to work with little supervision and develop a process from the bottom up.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and all other Microsoft Office Products.
- MS Office working knowledge of databases a plus.
- Previous call center experience is a plus.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.