Database Architect (JR1009070)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Are you seeking an opportunity to work with a growing team? Broadridge is hiring! We're seeking a Database Architect/Developer to join our Global Technology Organization. You will have the opportunity provide insight and design a new state of the art system. Responsibilities:
To be successful
- You will be responsible for data analysis, data architecture, database designs, database implementations, and database support for application systems
- You'll evaluate, install, and administer database management systems and related software
- Establish enterprise, data and database standards, guidelines, and quality assurance for various database timelines.
- Accountable for expertise in database-related technology methodologies, and direction for the family of products
- Provide support for the availability, performance, and integrity of data assets used by the company and vendor-supplied products
- You will control activities related to database development, maintenance, and administration
, you'll need:
- Solid grasp of system development life cycle and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, specific to highly technical and customer focused service environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience at dealing with clients/users at all levels, singly and in groups.
- Negotiation skills and ability to work in a complex, matrix environment
- Written, verbal communication and Presentation skills
- Confirmed project management and organizational abilities
- You'll have understanding of the significance of fiscal constraints
- Work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards
- At least 5+ years of database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server, experience with data warehousing, analysis services and business intelligence solutions.
- You should have experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Business Objects
- Extensive experience with developing scalable enterprise grade applications in various roles: database architect, database analyst, database developer
- You will have Working knowledge on Data Governance, standard methodologies and design principles.
- Experience with AWS Cloud, RDS SQL Server and Aurora databases is a plus
- Brokerage or financial industry experience will be considered a plus
- Experience in Agile Development practices and code management standard methodologies
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline