Digital Communications Director
JobDescription : The Role
As a truly global company with a dynamic story to tell that impacts economies and markets, S&P Global leans on a worldwide network of communicators to bring our narrative to the public, prospects, clients and colleagues.
We are seeking an accomplished New York-based Digital Communications Director to lead internal client communications efforts. The Director will coach a team dedicated to customer communications and satisfaction.
This is an opportunity to work in an agile, collaborative and transparent environment; you will be of a similar mindset and look to contribute, develop and nurture this collegial environment. You understand financial markets. You will work with stakeholders and team members across regions, and creating and delivering messages internally that illuminate S&P Global Ratings Technology strategic direction, image and brand. This role contributes to leading change in a fast-paced environment, coaching and empowering team members to deliver in an effective, efficient manner. You will help grow awareness of S&P Global Ratings Technology and closely partner with TPM leads to drive various corporate initiatives. The Digital Communications Director is one of 6 manager roles that sits within the Technology Product Management (TPM) function in Ratings IT. Key Responsibilities
Background & Experience
- Help shape and execute S&P Global Ratings communication strategy
- Keep users informed of product releases and roadmaps
- Provide user support and communication materials (training videos, QRGs)
- Lead team to provide content and standards for in-application guidance that allows our users to seamlessly adopt new functionality without extensive training programs (Walk Me)
- Solicit user feedback through attending Analytical huddle meetings and visiting local S&P offices
- Leverage user feedback to improve products by working with TPM Leads
- Work across the S&P Global business to promote and advocate for Ratings Technology including involvement in internal conferences, panels and fire side chats
- Translate complex or abstract technical concepts into simple, easy to understand messages and illustrations
- This role requires an expert fusion of executive storytelling, presentation mastery, and a passion for technology.
- Maintain TPM Hub site
- Build, coach and develop a team to successfully execute the role and develop in their careers
- Proactively plan and manage capacity for team members
- Ensure strong processes are established and followed
- Contribute to executing TPM & Ratings IT strategy
- Leads and directly impacts the professional and/or technical direction and strategy for a discipline or a core product including shaping and designing new policies, procedures and standards
- Primary focus of the role is managing a team of professionals with full management decisions including hiring, compensation and performance management decisions, budgets and planning
- Advanced Degree/MS/MBA
About S&P Global Ratings
- Demonstrated experience developing, directing and executing strategic communications programs
- Experience with internal communications and internal customers
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- 10+ Years in Industry: Financial Services or Technology
- 7+ Years understanding or working with Ratings applications, internal and external customers
- 2 Years in a Management Role
- Experience with Agile software development and Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of Financial and Credit Market Services
- Familiarity with Lean Management Systems
- Familiarity with Walk Me a plus
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.