Director Of Software Engineering
S&P Market Intelligence is seeking a Director, Software Engineering to provide technical leadership for all stages of software design, development and maintenance for client facing web and mobile based applications.
- Provides leadership in execution and delivery to technology teams in support of the business applications. This includes leading and coordinating activities throughout development and ensuring the appropriate use of standard models and software packages, standard methods of integration, as well as, the development of common application services.
- Interfaces with the businesses manager to manage and support the portfolio to meet business needs. This includes participating in planning processes, defining a technical solution, establishing and implementing applications based on corporate architecture direction and managing the maintenance/migration of legacy apps to enterprise reference implementations
- Project manages all the application development aspects and ensures the development team fully understands the technical solution and are effectively deployed
- Ensure that best development processes and technologies are used in the design, construction and implementation of applications
- Ensure stability and performance of existing and future applications through use of applicable profiling and testing methodologies
- Ensures timely delivery of the application development projects without compromising quality and performance of the system
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience or certification
- 10+ years' experience in application development (including application architecture)
- 2+ years in architecture & development management
- Expert in application design activities
- Expert in managing and supporting all application development tasks in the software engineering process
- Expert in conducting application design and code reviews
- Hands-on Java and python to be able to do proof-of-concepts
- Expert in Core Java, multi-threading, Spring Framework
- Experience building cloud native applications using microservices and cloud deployment
- Expertise in building message based distributed, scalable & resilient systems
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka, Spark etc.
- Expertise in cpu and memory profiling of applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework is a plus
- Background in enterprise web development and object-oriented programming, analysis, design, and implementation
- Strong problem solving, logic, and analytical skills
- Demonstrates leadership in building relationships with business partners and/or clients
- Good business and technical knowledge which is applied to business solutions
- Experience in Financial services domain.
- Experienced in management and motivation/advocacy skills with demonstrated ability to develop and mentor personnel
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success while choosing the proper methodologies and policies to support broad business goals
- Demonstrates a creative innovative cross functional approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly and accurately identify and quantify levels of risk and propose mitigating actions
- Demonstrates ability to critically analyze technical trade-offs between different design options. Drives overall design and technical architecture
- Demonstrates technical proficiency in information engineering, tools, languages and environments. (Includes data modeling, data management and repository management).
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
258200 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States