Electronic Market Systems Application Support Analyst
A client that focuses in Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking is seeking an Electronic Market Systems Application Support Analyst for its midtown Manhattan location. Responsibilities:
- Our client is looking for a talented IT engineer to support the GM electronic market access systems.
- We are looking for a candidate who has a strong knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux), Network and scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Shell scripts.
- Ideally, the candidate will have a recent experience supporting or testing direct access market data feed handlers for the US equity, option and/or future markets.
- The candidate will provide 1 st level support on the back-end application, so troubleshooting skills, reactivity and efficiency under pressure are key for this role.
- First level support on DMA feed handlers and Order Routing system (back-end) for GM FO desks.
- Understand the whole production set-up from start of day to end of the day processes.
- Has the ability to identify issues quickly, knowing their potential consequences on the trading.
- Must be able to fix quickly, find alternate solutions/workaround or identify the right person that might help
- Communicate with Exchanges, Development and Front-ends teams
- Participate in UAT, deployment of application server components
- Write and maintain production scripts
- Communicate progress and problems to management, estimating work schedules and anticipating and avoiding problems.
- Participate in production support improvement
- At least 2 years of experience in finance industry (in Order routing systems/Market data/Electronic market support or Market/Exchange connectivity support would be a plus)
- B.S in Computer Science or other related field of study
- Strong knowledge of scripts programming, UNIX OS and good Network architecture knowledge
- Troubleshooting/problems solving
- Autonomy - self-motivated, independent and ability to operate in a highly demanding and challenging environment
- Good Communication skills - both written and verbal
- Scripting languages (Shell scripts, Python or Perl)
Good to have:
- Understanding of exchange feeds (ARCA XDP, Nasdaq ITCH, SIP, CQS, UQDF, etc)
- FIX protocol
- Basic DB (SQL), client/server knowledge
- System tuning/performances monitoring and analysis
Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
- Financial knowledge (EQD products), US exchanges rules
- Knowledge of Front to Back trading life cycle
- Small project management experience
- Experience with Linux performance tuning (application/OS/network)
- Experience troubleshooting telecommunication issues
- Low latency monitoring platform, pcap analysis (Wireshark, etc...)
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.