- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Enterprise Compliance Risk Management Director
Enterprise Compliance Risk Management Director
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18069677
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Serves as an Enterprise Compliance Risk Management Director for establishing and executing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and to deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. The Director will engage with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply Compliance Risk Management Framework (CRMF) program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Candidate must have working knowledge of ICG businesses, compliance risk management, and project management disciplines. Primary responsibilities include managing day-to-day CRMF program solutions including driving implementation of compliance strategy and programs, delivering reporting and analysis, and overseeing business management and administration on behalf of the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) for ICG.
This role reports to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) for ICG and is based in New York, NY.
Key responsibilities include:
• Driving development, analysis and publication of management information in support of ICG ICRM used to assist in managing compliance risks. Obtain and interpret gold source data in report development. Drive improved ICG ICRM board and senior management reporting.
• Overseeing key initiatives and routine deliverables across ICGICRM, including the ICG Annual Compliance Plan and contributing to the Global ICRM Compliance Strategic Plan (CSP) and Transformation Workstreams, by tracking progress of team deliverables, coordinating consistent horizontal responses where needed and contributing to content as appropriate.
• Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICG ICRM Manager's Control Assessment (MCA). Drive consistency in implementation of the ICRM MCA Program with respect to Compliance Officers role to provide credible challenge and to support the business lines MCA.
• Contributing to firm-wide projects with business and functional partners as a representative for ICG ICRM and be prepared and empowered to make informed decisions and/or socialize with the ICG ICRM senior team, as appropriate. Translate ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner, including providing direction and guidance on programs.
• Acting as delegate for the ICG CCO in departmental activities and administrative matters.
• Work with cross-functional partners in Finance, HR and other areas with respect to routine and ad hoc initiatives and requests. Drive strong partnerships, high quality deliverables, and seamless engagement, co-ordination and communication on behalf of ICG ICRM.
• Representing Citi on regulatory matters as required. Serves as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical compliance issues and oversees the implementation of related remediation, as relevant and appropriate for responsibilities of this role.
• Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Control Units, and In-Business Risk on compliance issues which may impact the ICG business.
• Managing Compliance initiatives as required, such as the implementation of new compliance systems, controls, and related project management work efforts.
• Assisting in or contributing to the development and administration of compliance policies and training unique to ICG as related to responsibilities of this role.
• Supporting the implementation of new or changed laws, rules and regulations.
• Support cross collaboration across ICG ICRM teams in countries and regions to enhance global ICG ICRM efficiency and compliance risk mitigation.
• Mentoring and developing junior staff.
• Supervising a team of junior compliance staff. Contribute to decisions regarding hiring, compensation, performance appraisals and development opportunities. Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset find, develop and advocate a deep and diverse talent pool to meet forward compatible success and offer effective coaching and development to build a highly effective team.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree; 10+ years of experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; extensive experience in area of focus; previous experience managing staff.
Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) and/or relevant professional certifications.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
• Strong leadership skills and influencing capabilities
• Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
• Working knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and appropriate controls
• Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance programs
• Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
• Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
• Ability to understand risk-reward, provide diplomatic challenge to stakeholders, and escalate issues when appropriate
• Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities to deliver high quality and timely work
• Comfort navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
• Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
• Subject matter expertise in area of focus