- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
FP&A Group Manager - Investments and Strategic Initiatives
FP&A Group Manager - Investments and Strategic Initiatives
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19027972
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) business provides integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe. With the industry's most comprehensive suite of digital and mobile-enabled platforms, tools and analytics, TTS leads the way in delivering innovative and tailored solutions to its clients. Offerings include cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management, working capital solutions, commercial card programs, and trade finance.
The TTS LFO team provides finance support across all of the wide-ranging TTS activities and is responsible for driving business results through performance management and analytics, forward-looking planning, outlook processes and other strategic analysis and insights.
TTS is a dynamic business at the forefront of innovation and disruption of the banking system and the primary focus of the role of TTS Investments and Strategic Initiatives Lead will be to provide investment decision support to TTS's Global business.
- Strategic analysis of existing and new business initiatives, prioritization and working closely with the business product heads, regional heads, and the business product and COO teams, as well the broader finance community, technology and operations teams
- Leading the development of business plans associated with new growth initiatives and strategic investments in coordination with the business
- Refine and enhance the process to collect, review and decision on investment opportunities for TTS globally in partnership with the COO's teams
- Identification of client and product level opportunities and support business in tracking investments and performance
- Interface and engage with the TTS leadership team - including CEO and direct reports - to prioritize and decision on investment spend partnering with COO's teams and TTS LFO
- Assist in the design of performance indicators and key metrics to track progress of key initiatives and technology investments in coordination with the business, technology, and operations teams
- Validate the results of key initiatives and compare against business plans
- Participate in the allocation of the technology budget across key initiatives and assist business heads in key decisions around resource allocation and dynamic budgeting
- Assist in establishing a robust review and challenge process for key initiatives across the business, operations, and technology
- Review and coordinate regular reviews of the investment budget and key initiatives with senior business management
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses, planning, and presentations related to the business strategy and various initiatives
- Partner with ICG FP&A teams in tracking and monitoring of investment spend and budget
- Strong academic background with a minimum of a Bachelors in a Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field; Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in financial services or consulting
- Experience with financial analysis, consulting, or business development
- Understanding of core banking products (Loans, Deposits and Fees products), balance sheet, drivers and P&L (TTS Product knowledge a plus)
- Superb technical, modelling and valuation abilities and understanding of finance concepts
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong competence in Excel, PowerPoint and Access (other database tools a plus)
- Knowledge of Citi Financial systems (Pearl, Essbase, Business Objects, GBS, Oasis, etc.) a plus
- Strong analytical and strategic aptitudes, with the ability to learn quickly
- Flexible and able to manage multiple projects and work within tight timelines
- Great interpersonal skills, able to cultivate and leverage relationships across global teams and to command respect and earn trust of senior management team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with cross-functional team
- Experience in managing matrix and remote teams by influence
- Highly motivated and self-driven professional who must demonstrate considerable energy, focus and drive
- Be inquisitive, think out of the box, have a "can do" attitude