Finance Change Analyst, AVP
Finance Change Analyst, AVP About the Team
This unit represents a function for Mizuho's U.S. operation in response to a rapidly changing business environment as well as changing internal/external requirements. The team will cover areas in financial and regulatory reporting along with various system platforms. Job Description Summary:
The position will support management and lead projects for the implementation of new business requirements and new system infrastructures. The ideal candidate will also be a change agent for our financial and regulatory reporting function and our IT function, and will provide detailed business analysis on this project. The position requires experience in systems implementation and change management, and familiarity with financial and regulatory reporting as well as an understanding of the financial industry at large. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead planning, design, establishment and execution of financial data integration for financial and regulatory reporting of Mizuho's U.S. entities, including banking entities, broker-dealer, swap-house, leasing and other subsidiaries
- Analyze, identify and manage business requirements when considering new systems Infrastructures. And prepare the Business Requirements Documents
- Facilitate discussion between our business and IT function, and find out solution
- Analyze reconciliation results between GL and transactional data, identify the issue behind, and provide with solution
- Analyze new products, especially for derivatives and securities products for on-boarding to our systems
- Manage the scope, objectives and key deliverables of the change project
- Support other system projects/enhancements from a financial and regulatory reporting perspective
- Support financial and regulatory reporting for data analyses
- Interact with business users to review potential system enhancements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial and regulatory reporting requirements and provide solutions to changing business requirements
- Solve other relevant issues that may arise on an ad-hoc basis
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- CPA, CFA or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of finance, financial accounting, regulatory reporting, and risk management. Especially, candidate is required to have strong knowledge for the structure of FR Y-9C, FFIEC 031, FFIEC 009, and FR Y-15 at minimum
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP in financial products (e.g. derivatives, securities, repos, money market products, loan, and deposits)
- Knowledge for calculation of Risk Weighted Assets per U.S. Basel III Standardized Approach
- MS-Excel (advanced), MS-Word/PowerPoint/Access (intermediate). VBA, SQL and Access coding skills preferred
- Experience in change management and system implementation in the financial industry
- Experience in financial or regulatory reporting
- Strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
#LI-Mizuho Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.