Job Reference # 182794BR
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system and legislative systems? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity?
We are looking for someone like that who can:
- Oversee AML model development and optimization across multiple lines of business (including correspondent banking, private and investment banking) and multiple Transaction Monitoring Systems, ensure sound risk coverage, adequate quantitative model assessment and validation, and data quality completeness and integrity
- Work with line of business stakeholders to define requirements and criteria for success and tracking, oversee development and implementation risk-based, effective and efficient rules, work with a diverse team of systems and analytics professionals based in onshore, near-shore, and offshore teams, and engage risk and audit partners to ensure ongoing review and transparency achieved
- Provide oversight and guidance to define relevant methodology/approach in a clear and concise manner to support the model optimization efforts and maintain standards for various AML methodology including segmentation methodology, scenario tuning methodology, peer grouping, sampling (below the Line) methodology.
- Work with the Data Mining and Analytics teams and the Risk Coverage/Governance Team to ensure the rules are reviewed on a regular basis based on the level of risk and that the systems are appropriately optimized
- Track and report results of tuning and optimization activities and model performance to AML coverage areas, senior management and regulators
- Support all review and audit functions; create a model inventory list and ensure all models are reviewed, provide appropriate training to bank and unit staff, and lead a team of analytics experts to continually assess current and emerging high risk transactional activities via the utilization of innovative analytical methodologies
- Complete UBS's annual BSA/AML/OFAC training Your team
We are currently expanding our Financial Crime team in the NY/NJ area within AML Optimization. Our role is to assist UBS in the fight against money laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing. Your expertise
-4 year college degree or international equivalent required; Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, MIS, Information Management, or Statistics a plus
-3+ years of AML Compliance experience with a wealth management, broker dealer, retail and/or private bank, and/or correspondent bank
- advanced knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring systems such as Actimize, Mantas, etc.,
- strong technical/development skills in SQL Developer / SQL - Oracle / VBA / MS Access / Database Reporting
- strong data analytics capabilities, demonstrated experience in analytics platforms (SAS, R etc.) for data mining and statistical analysis and substantial experience working in and ideally optimizing AML processes
- excellent verbal and written English communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
- Ability to develop/deliver presentations and reporting related training to business non-technical users at various levels of the organization
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) certified, project management/workflow management experience, and Prior development experience with BI tools such as Qlikview, Tableau,etc. (preferred but not required) About us
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? Join us
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now. Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.