Our client, a North American global Investment Bank with an excellent reputation in the Fixed Income and Equity space, is looking to hire front-to-back Full Stake Developers for their Prime Brokerage division.
Based in Midtown, New York, the candidate will help the organization in a stack refresh project, moving away from C# and .Net, onto Java and Java Script languages managing and leading a team of technology development / design professionals in providing a wide range of application or system solutions to the organization, ensuring standards are met and business objectives are achieved. Also provides technical leadership and guidance beyond own team
- Taking a leading role supporting a Global Prime Brokerage Business, leveraging prior Prime Brokerage experiences and knowledge in the technical buildout of a global technology platform.
- Responsible for leading development teams and the delivery of development solutions and component / unit testing efforts
- Oversee and report on project status, managing project team resources and assignment, ensuring project milestones are met and monitoring to keep projects on schedule and to budget within identified standards
- Work with LOB TS partners to develop the content of overall development / solutions design deliverables and ensure project estimates account for all activities in the project scope, including project management and application development, software quality assurance reviews, and vendor and contract management activities
- Ensure all requirements, project plans, and changes to commitment are communicated to all affected team members
- Responsible for defining Application Development Vendor strategy and managing Vendors and SLA’s and ensure work is delivered according to the agreed-upon Service Level and Operational Level Agreements
- Ensure that the project team follows all quality assurance processes, including periodic reviews and transitions, driving stakeholder communication and develop effective stakeholder management required for successful Application Development delivery
- Must have at least 7+ years' experience within Prime Brokerage with focus on Portfolio Margin Calculation/Reporting, Credit Risk, Client Reporting, Global Trade Processing and Securities Lending.
- Demonstrate previous accomplishments within this product space and be able to articulate to the detail.
- Must have strong hands on technical abilities across several practices including Java, Java Script, C#, SQL, SDLC, SCRUM, AGILE.
- Must be aware of recent industry trends and how to suggest technology solutions to maintain platform compatibilities.
- Expert knowledge of Bank, technology standards and managing people / projects
- Manages a sizeable group or team of IT professionals (e.g. <25) responsible for development / solutions design and/or system enhancement s, new releases or project deliverables with increasing complexity of moderate to broad scope
- Orchestrates the development of resolutions, plans and strategies for operational advancement