Information Security IAM Process Expert – Technology Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. What we do:
This position is On the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team which resides within the New York Information Security Function. Information Security New York (ISNY) is responsible for providing services that ensure the adequate protection of the Federal Reserve Bank's information assets. In addition to the identity management, ISNY provides other key security services such as vulnerability management, cyber risk and third party assessments, incident response, business consultations, insider threat, data analytics and security architecture. By being part of the IAM team, you will participate in the above mentioned security domains since identity is key to all services offered. What will the IAM Business Process Analyst will work on?
The position's primary objective is to develop and implement IAM policy, standards and identity lifecycle management workflows. The individual will work closely with its colleagues, project managers, architects and engineers to improve current IAM maturity. In addition, the candidate will collaborate with the Bank's business areas and control functions to develop, integrate, and apply technical IAM solutions towards an optimum future state design, accomplished through a multi-phase portfolio of projects. The scope of the IAM initiative includes the protection of mission-critical applications and systems that support market operations, financial institution supervision, services to banking organizations, services to the U.S. Treasury Department, and internal Bank operations. The IAM platforms being implemented will expose the candidate to Sailpoint, Cloud, Directory and HR systems and business critical applications making Federal Reserve mission possible. Qualifications: What We Are Looking For:
This is a senior staff position in established IAM team responsible for all aspects of access management including process design, standards implementation and driving the future vision for technical improvements
- Identity Management experience supporting medium to large size organizations
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining access roles (RBAC) across organizations
- Ability to drive change across organization
- Desired experience implementing identity lifecycle workflows using Sailpoint Identity IQ
- Knowledge of best practices for managing access to unstructured data
- Professional level of understanding IAM principles, standards and technologies
- Ability to work with the business owners to onboard applications into IDMS while creating appropriate roles and provisioning workflows
- Desire to continuously improve and evolve IAM processes to achieve desired maturity levels
- Background in identity in the Cloud implementations a plus
Why Join Our Amazing Team?
- Great location in Downtown, NYC
- Partial schedule telecommuting allowed after initial onboarding
- Collegial work atmosphere
- Ability to work on cutting edge technologies including the Cloud and top vendor security products
- A chance to support Federal Reserve mission which benefits the whole country
- Growth opportunities to learn within the team and outside of it
- Proven high employee retention even in our highly skilled security team!
Required: Possession of or the ability to obtain and maintain national security clearance – which requires U.S. Citizenship The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience
- Possession of or the ability to obtain CISSP or similar security certification
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click here to learn more.