Innovations - Site Reliability Engineer
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Site Reliability Engineer
Blackstone's Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for supporting the development and operations group in building, deploying, and monitoring safe and reliable services, applications, and infrastructure. As an engineer on the team, you'll be responsible for both building tooling and automation to support that goal as well as advising other engineers on best practices in the same areas.
The position involves full-stack development of internal tooling, configuration management, as well as integrations with some third party tools. In addition to improving existing systems, you'll be helping to research and help integrate new ideas around release engineering, monitoring best practices, infrastructure as code, and general SRE best practices.
- Helping design and build a stable build and deployment pipeline across various stacks
- Including building application artifacts, container images, machine images, applying SQL schema changes, etc.
- Building and integrating monitoring and alerting systems across our infrastructure
- Including both at the infrastructure and application layers
- Advising and assisting development and operations teams on building maintainable and reliable monitoring, build, and deploy processes
- Participating in and driving blameless incident reviews
- Research and development of new technologies to continue moving the team and Blackstone forward
- Building development tooling and automation around all of the above
- Capable of evolving and improving complex systems
- Experience working with source control and CI/CD systems (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring tools / platforms (Datadog, etc.)
- Experience with a configuration management tool (Puppet preferred)
- .NET and MSSQL experience a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on both Windows and Linux
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a heterogeneous ecosystem
- Passion for challenging the status quo
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.