Market Risk Data Lead Analyst
Job Posting Title
Market Risk Data Lead Analyst / Data Quality Lead Analyst (Vice President)
The Market Risk Data Lead Analyst is a seasoned professional role focusing on supporting market risk data used by risk management professionals charged with oversight of the firm's trading business. This role is globally focused and interfaces with both internal and external partners domestically and internationally.
Applies in-depth industry, technology and functional subject matter expertise, contributing to the development of new processes, policies, tools and deliverables or the improvement of existing ones. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the market risk data function and the end-to-end impacts within the firm. Evaluates complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
The Risk Control & Data Analytics department supporting market risk is responsible for data production and data stewardship. This role will focus on data stewardship and be responsible for overseeing one or more of the following:
- Issue Identification, Escalation and Remediation Management
- Key Performance Indicators and Metrics Management
- Project & Initiatives Management
- Governance and Oversight Management
- Through the function managed, directly leads efforts to provide accurate, completeness, timely and reliable risk data to customers, partners, shareholders and regulators, grounded in developing and instituting the most efficient processes and critical deliverables.
- Leads in defining and establishing appropriate data standards, understanding the data needs of regulatory and internal reporting, the acquisition of that data, the financial reconciliation and Data Quality measurement of that data and remediation of issues at source.
- Works to ensure that functions are compliant with Citigroup Data Management Policy.
- Provides regular status updates to Senior Management and Stakeholders.
- Responsible for coordinating control activities for the reconciliations and proof functions performed daily by the group.
- Revises and updates department policies and procedures is required.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10+ years of experience
- Advanced Business Analyst skills including knowledge of Microsoft Access databases, Microsoft Excel and other Office software is required.
- SQL, VBA and/or other reporting software experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation.
- Knowledge of banking/financial products, trading and market risk highly desirable.
- Comparable experience from non-banking industries for other-wise qualified individuals will be considered.
Job Family Group:
- Minimum Bachelors/University degree or equivalent required; MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
Technology Job Family:
Data Quality Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting