Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst - Oracle Exadata
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is thecentral infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovatingto help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, andcost-effective solutions in the financial services market place.
Aspart of TSG
, our Production Services
team is dedicatedto ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services
team runs thesystems that keep BNY Mellon running. Their mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycleacross all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with thepurpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable productionenvironment.
Ourteam members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forthsolutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learnerwith a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's toppriorities, this is the place for you.
TheSenior DBA, Infrastructure Operations, has primary responsibility for deliveringa scalable and reliable data platform that supports BNY Mellon's DigitalPlatform and Applications. Key responsibilities include
PrincipalInfrastructure Operations Analyst
- Works withfirm-wide engineering and architecture, and business/AD architects to drivesolution standardization and reuse for Data Management InfrastructureOperations.
- Providesecure, highly available, scalable database services that improve overallresiliency, functionality, and enable operational management optimization.
- Troubleshootnew software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology,and deliver large scale systems that will have an impact on revenue growth onour business and competitive position.
- Oracle Standard (stand-alone) and Advanced platforms,SQL Server (Standard pattern) available in Greenfield
- Guardium monitoring capability available onall Greenfield databases
- IRIS monitoring available for all SQL Server,Sybase, UDB installations, including Brownfield
- SQL Server Advanced (HA) pattern with large DBcapability and SSRS/SSIS, PostgreSQL available in Greenfield
- Key management for Oracle DB encryption
- Database patch automation for SQL Server andOracle Standard pattern
- Self-service database import/export andrestore capability
- Sybase, UDB, Vertica, MongoDB available inGreenfield
- Multi-AZ solutions for Oracle and SQL Server
- Self-service DML/DDL automation
- DBaaS integration with Storefront
- Oracle DB authentication via Kerberos
- DB patch automation for Oracle Advancedpattern
->>Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex softwarein a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas tofocus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal toensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals.Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues tomeet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategicplanning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, softwareproduct recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracksinstallations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are beingmet. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in amulti-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projectsthat have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertisein identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resourceon middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middlewarespecialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicateswith internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure thattechnical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues andhandles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns toidentify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements.Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficientincident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.Responsible for budget activity. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree incomputer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience isrequired, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12)years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in thesecurities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure, with anunderstanding of systems and network administration.
- Experience supporting and implementing advanced, strategicdatabase management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive Agile development and implementautomated process to improve database system reliability.
- Provenability to provide high availability, operations supportability and scalabilityto a high volume, rapidly growing world class eCommerce business.
- Directexperience in working within the database administration teams for large-scaleenterprise that are highly scalable and reliable.
- Technicalacumen in implementation and support of the core database services that arehighly reliable, flexible, scalable and cost effective.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and communicationskills.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: