Job Reference # 192796BR
Are you passionate to learn about Markets and be an Outstanding Controller for a business/sector?
Do you possess deep experience in reporting and analysing P&L, Balance Sheet, VaR Backtesting?
Do you have the ability to act as the Single Point of Contact to the Front Office on all aspects of the end-to-end Finance processes and controls?
Do you have a flexible attitude, quantitative focus and a strong desire to leverage your skills in the area of Product Control and Business Coverage?
Then we invite you to join our team! Your team
We are looking for an Experienced Product Controller to:
• Act as the Primary Owner to the Traders and Business Managers on all matters relating to P&L (T0-Estimates, T+1-Management,Risk-Based,Clean & Hypothetical) and Balance Sheet
• Be a Valued Partner to the Front Office and develop an in-depth understanding of the sector, it's risk profile, key positions, market movements and regulations
• Review & Challenge T0 P&L, focus on improving quality, accuracy and completeness
• Challenge and influence effectiveness of upstream controls to further strengthen the front to back control environment
The Product Control Lead will also:
• Join the Business Product Control team and Oversee India P&L Supervisors and teams (including Third Party vendors)
• Participate in P&L and Business Performance Meetings, Oversight Committees and Governance forums
• Be responsible for delivery of timely, complete and accurate T+1 P&L with High Quality Commentary and T0 vs. T+1 P&L Analysis for the sector(s)s
• Ensure delivery of Balance Sheet Commentary, Analysis & Substantiation of ALL trading aligned account balances (including control/suspense/wash accounts) for the sector(s)
• Act as an SME to deliver change initiatives across Finance
• Act as the Finance signatory for Front Office driven Change programs
• Collaborate and Co-ordinate with Colleagues in other parts of Group Finance, Operations, and Risk Control to resolve issues and drive control initiatives
• Manage timely closure of unsubstantiated balances & review adjustments daily
• Review sector level VAR Back testing results and resolve escalations
• Review Loss Advisory Control Exceptions and advise resolution where necessary
• Review and challenge sub-ledger level controls & Sign-off L5 level Super Owner controls
• Review control metrics for sign-off with Business / Divisional Controllers
• Pro-actively identify, review and escalate Operational Risk Issues Your expertise
- 5+ Years' Experience in Fixed Income / Equities Product Control / Business Finance
- Experience in supporting a range of products for the business
- Good knowledge of Accounting, Financial Markets, Revenue & Financial resource drivers
- Very strong knowledge of MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint
- Track record of success in delivering high quality performance in a dynamic workplace
- Demonstrated experience with matrix reporting and working with teams in global locations
- Demonstrated experience in communicating and dealing with Regulators & Auditors
- Ability to influence & constructively challenge Traders
- Strong Analytical and Inter-personal skills
- Excellent Project Management Skills About us
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? Join us
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now. Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.