JobDescription : The Level
(For internal purposes): L9 The Team:
We are seeking a Product Manager for the Data Services Team. This role requires more of a Data Analyst skill set, with a Project Management and Agile way of working experience. The Data Services team is responsible for data mining, data modeling & data warehousing. They manage the data end to end across various systems for several platforms and applications. This team play a very vital role in enabling the applications with the right data, so that Analysts are able to perform their ratings across various stage gate process. The Impact:
We are in search of a highly motivated Product Manager who is ready to take their career to the next level in a fast growing company. Do you love working on Technical Projects as well as getting in the trenches and working with the team to get the work done? Do you like working with state of the art of technology? Do you want to leverage your analytical skills? Do you like data mining? Would you like working with Data Stewards & Information Architects? What is in it for you?
- You will be playing a P.M. role for an Agile Scrum team accountable for delivering high quality technical requirements based on which development team can manage the data with right business rules
- You have a chance to dig in to technical details surrounding product requirements and specifications
- Collaborate with Data Services & Information Architecture for ensuring the data governance
- Positive team culture and environment
What we're looking for: Basic Qualifications:
- Write technical stories from a data analyst perspective in the level of granularity of table mapping, business rules and the impacted downstream changes as per the business requirement
- Intermediate SQL skills to write custom queries
- Basic understanding of how stored procedures and functions works
- Good understanding of data elements, data mapping, validation rules, data cleansing
- Ability to perform an Impact Analysis on changes that would be made on various data elements
- Clear view on data governance
- Understand the basic of ETL process understating the source and target systems with the relevant business transformation
- Have a holistic view on DML aspects to ensure the consistency across various source & target systems
- Document User stories in alignment with various external teams-Data Stewards, Information Architects and Developers
- Exposure to working in an Agile environment
- Participates in the scope of proposed improvements and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Project Managers to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications
- Mitigate risk while owning tasks, resources, and changes
- Work independently to provide data transformation, testing, solving problems, and end-to-end user support needs
- Relies on limited experience and discernment to plan and accomplish goals
- Prepare data models, dataflow diagrams and ETL specifications; participates in architecture review meetings
- Create/Extend business requirements into Rules and Mapping artifacts
- Identify and document impact on data across platforms and/or projects to minimize data mis-alignment risk or data impact
- Ensure Data Governance requirements (I.e. data definitions, meta data, etc.)
- Defining formatting rules - Define the data type, length, rules of population and any other formatting rules associated with the proper representation of the data.
- 2-5 years of experience working as a business analyst for data scrum teams, project manager, systems analyst or similar in a technical environment
- Intermediate SQL knowledge (Stored procedures, Joins, Functions, Performance optimization, Database concepts)
- Data analysis experience
- Good understanding on Financial/Banking domain
- Ability to clearly bring together and document technical requirements
- Strong Critical Thinking and analytical skills
- Communication skills (present, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels)
About S&P Global Ratings
- Hands-on experience with coding or technical details
- Experience working in large, global teams
- Understanding of the financial services industry is a plus
- Understanding of Agile methodologies from a project perspective
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.