Quantitative Investment Strats (QIS) - CIMD Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
The Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) group, an area within GSAM which focuses on quantitative portfolio management strategies in global markets, is currently recruiting highly qualified analyst and associate candidates. QIS employs a diversified set of investment strategies to manage client assets. We are a market leader in portfolio management, global tactical asset allocation, and tax-aware strategies.
Within QIS, strategists develop quantitative models, methods and analytical tools for the construction and management of client portfolios and mutual funds. As such, the tools strategists develop need to be robust, accurate and allow scalable, widespread use. Strategist team members will assume responsibility for the portfolio management and analytics platform, and are given ample opportunity to provide creative solutions and develop novel analysis methods. Daily interactions with portfolio managers and researchers require an ability to communicate clearly about complex financial, business and mathematical concepts. Your Impact
As a member of the QIS Strats team, you will be responsible for:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, and maintaining a world-class, high-performance investment management platform
- Developing efficient, robust quantitative research and portfolio management tools that can be leveraged across different investment teams
- Developing rigorous and scalable data management/analysis tools to support the data-intensive quantitative investment process
- Conducting research in quantitative investment models and portfolio construction techniques; deliver presentations on research conducted
Key responsibilities will include developing models to evaluate cost of inventory and financing, building and maintaining securities lending trading, profit and loss estimation and risk management platforms; optimizing inventory; building tools for traders and senior management to visualize reports. Who We Look For
The QIS group is looking for highly motivated individuals who have strong quantitative skills as well as a solid background in economics, finance, mathematics, computer science, or other quantitative disciplines to join the team as a Strategist. Basic Qualifications
- Meaningful analytical and problem solving skills, with a degree in a quantitative discipline
- Programming expertise; ability to transform concepts and ideas into robust software
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to manage complex processes, along with the judgment to balance risk/benefit tradeoffs
- Familiarity with financial markets and quantitative investment approaches
- High degree of motivation and commitment
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- Prior experience in developing algorithmically complex C/C++/Java applications
- Knowledge of modern software design for managing and exploring very large datasets
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques such as NLP, K means clustering, Neural Networks etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity