SRE - Security Infrastructure
The Security Infrastructure SRE Team is essential for our ability to manage and scale security systems which support this scale at Bloomberg. This team is responsible for a broad set of systems that are essential for our ability to secure the enterprise and protect our client data. The solutions managed by this team cover a broad range of use cases and are built in collaboration with various stakeholders. To operate at scale, the push is to make provisioning of security infrastructure seamless and repeatable using infrastructure-as-code patterns and using various automation techniques.
The team strives to quantify confidence in the systems they maintain and to drive additional confidence in the systems' ability to perform as expected. Through thorough monitoring and telemetry collection, the team can use past performance to predicate and understand future reliability. The team assumes nothing of the systems that they manage unless they are explicitly tested building further confidence in the systems they operate. We'll trust you to:
- Apply your experience as an SRE to mentor the team to reinforce SRE concepts and best practices
- Engineer solutions to monitor the health, availability, and capacity of our environment and software using industry standard tools and practices
- Assist in architecting large-scale secure solutions for our teams' products
- Define, measure, and achieve service level objectives as appropriate for the systems the team manages
- Use all your technical skills and experience to ensure the reliability of a diverse set of systems with a diverse technology stack
- Help expand the observability of these systems to improve their reliability
- Collaborate with the engineering and product operations teams to find the very best solutions to their problems
- Using programmatic techniques thoroughly test all infrastructure and systems managed by the team to ensure that they work as expected. You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant SRE role
- Experience with using configuration and orchestration software such as Chef, Ansible or SaltStack
- Demonstrated experience programming and testing Python, Go, or C++
- Experience working in a 24/7 production engineering organization
- Experience at the linux command line, including system-level debugging and networking
- Experience managing large scale infrastructure projects utilizing DevOps/SRE practices
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve, multi-task, and prioritize in a high-pressure, mission-critical, and rewarding team environment
- Willingness to constantly learn and develop your skills and bring that knowledge back to the team We'll love to see:
- Experience with Security monitoring tools such as osquery
- Experience in building CI/CD toolchains with tools such as Jenkins, Github, and Artifactory
- Deep understanding of metrics and monitoring ecosystem i.e. grafana, humio, distributed trace
- Deep expertise troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks
- Experience with utilizing tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt to fully build and manage complex infrastructure at scale.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and Unix networking
- Linux kernel level debugging and eBPF experience
- Knowledge of Linux or Windows internals If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.