Senior Application Support Analyst
As a Production Support Engineer, you will have a lead rolein providing technical support to more complex situations in BNY Mellon'sClearance and Collateral Technology (CCT). Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing overall availability,reliability, and defect prevention.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve servicedisruptions
- Identify, define, and implement requiredmonitoring and automation solutions
- Conduct root cause analysis for complexproduction issues
- Create and maintain support documentation andprocedures
- Ability to deal with time sensitive issues insupport of critical service level commitments
- Provide rotational support for the Applicationswithin CCT ( Batch, Online)
- Contribute to developing Tools, CCT SupportPortal ( Angular, Rest API, Queries against Oracle DB)
- Customizing Tools/Synthetics Like Cloud Prober,APPD etc.
- Developing Automation Health checks for AppHealth
Sr. Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. Interacts directly with clients regarding project activities. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial
- 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required
- Java application support and developmentexperience.
- Experience with scripting languages - Perl,Bash, Maven etc.
- Automated deployment experience using technologysuch as Jenkins.
- Analytic, data driven, and strong debuggingskills
- Familiarity with ITIL Service Management.
- Experience with monitoring tools a plus -AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace, Cloud Proper, Grafana, Moogsoft or relatedsolutions.
- Strong communication skills, and a positive andpro-active attitude
- Tools development using ( Angular, Rest API,Queries against Oracle DB) is plus
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: