Senior Compliance Associate - Guideline Monitoring
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 14 Nov 18
Our client, an extremely well regarded and stable investment management firm seeks to add a talented mid level compliance professional to its first in class program.
The core responsibilities of the Guidelines and Restrictions team are: 1) monitoring investment guideline compliance for institutional separate accounts (ERISA and non-ERISA), commingled trusts, mutual funds and hedge funds, and 2) performing daily / weekly /monthly forensics to ensure the firm’s trading activities comply with Firm's policies and procedures and all regulations.
Client Documentation Reviews and Guideline Coding
• Participate actively in account onboarding, including negotiation of guidelines with client
• Review Fund and Account contracts documents including investment management agreements, investment policy statements, mutual fund prospectus and SAI documents to analyze and interpret necessary restrictions.
• Set-up guideline coding restrictions for new Funds and Accounts independently or requiring little oversight.
• Perform secondary review of existing guideline coding for accuracy and modify guidelines coding accordingly.
• Test potential guideline rules and proposed enhancements to the proprietary compliance restriction system to ensure accuracy before implementation.
• Assist Client Service and Client Accounting departments by helping resolve and communicate to clients regarding any compliance-related issues.
• Liaise with Portfolio Managers to help resolve portfolio exceptions and questions related to trading activity.
• Perform daily compliance exceptions monitoring by analyzing and validating exceptions.
• Report actual violations accurately and timely and follow through to resolution.
• Prepare customized monthly, quarterly client and mutual fund compliance reports.
Compliance Monitoring and Reporting
• Perform a variety of forensic testing to ensure compliance with regulations and Firm's policies and procedures. This includes forensic testing on:
• Insider Trading
• Due diligence on Expert Network meetings
• Aggregation and Allocation processes
• Soft dollars
• Conflicts of Interest
• Quantitative models