Senior Java Software Engineer
Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Our 129,000 employees serve our customers in 57.5 million households by following Chase's Five Keys to a Great Customer Experience.
JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average,
JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Our Robotics Process Automation Engineering
Team is delivery focused and comprised of well-rounded software engineers working from requirements, application development and testing.
The Chase Digital team is innovating the way America does banking - and we strive to make banking easy. Our challenge is we cannot get our features to the millions of customers we are trying to impress fast enough. If you are highly technical, love automation, you value quality, and you get stuff done this is the home for you. The timid need not apply - we are going to challenge the status quo with determination, technical brilliance, and practical thinking. Responsibilities and Team Details:
- Design and implement software in these internally consumed products:
- "Intelligent Software Bots" that detect anomalies in product features & behavior through machine learning & modeling of real-world customer behavior as training data
- "Intelligent sensors" that monitor how our product eco-system and infrastructure is behaving in every aspect (no dark corners)
- "Real-time machine learning anomaly detection models" that process massive amounts of sensor big data to detect minute degradation of Non-Functional Requirements
- "Developer Sandbox Tools" that facilitate rapid deployment of new features by providing access to extremely user-friendly developer efficiency tools, personas, product configuration scripts, and bot infrastructure to facilitate gaining confidence to deploy code extremely quickly
- Our bots are designed to run unattended (without humans), so any operations is by definition is "code". The developer owns the operational outcome of their feature and must be able to meet our "definition of done": a working software bot running continuously unattended 24/7 in production or be able to fix it if it does not.
- Participate in the development of new product offerings and innovation to make our products great and decrease our time to market for new features
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (OOP, data structures, algorithms), preferably a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering.
- 3-8 years' experience with core Java skills, along with MicroServices/RESTful APIs, Spring Boot
- Capable of independently delivering runnable, testable features at a good velocity
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of design patterns, security principles, and cloud 12 factor principles
- Bright, persistent, and motivated with a passion for pragmatic / lean / agile development / pair programming
Nice To have
- Any competency in Python, Flink, Cassandra, Hadoop/Spark, AngularJS, Kafka, Terraform, Zookeeper, Docker - is desirable
- Any experience with Machine Learning Algorithms, Computer vision, Big Data Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics/Bayesian modeling, Anomaly Detection.